Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine came up this morning from south Georgia and we went to the local range (On Target)...arsenal was my XDS and SR40 and his SR22.

I really like the feel of the SR22 (I'd never handled one), and like that it is almost identical in size to my XDS.
I also like that it felt slightly heavier than it looked like it would (make a great can host!).
I did not like the backwards operating safety, but this is not uncommon.
It shot very well, and this SR had only had 20 rounds through it until today, but I experienced 3 failures to extract (spent round still fully chambered) out of a few hundred rounds.
Ammo was Federal 550 bulk.
DA trigger is terribly loooong...SA was actually very nice.
One of these will likely find it's way into my collection at some point.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just picked up one myself last week.I have only quickly fired 20 rds of CCI mini mag with no problems.I agree with your thoughts on the trigger.I got mine for $299.I think it will be a nice little fun gun.

·
Premium Member
12,035 Posts
We need to break you of the Ruger addiction....my GSG 1911-22 is an awesome .22 that has been 100% reliable and pretty darn accurate. Feels and functions just like the full size 1911. Comes with threaded barrel for easy suppressor use as well.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We need to break you of the Ruger addiction....my GSG 1911-22 is an awesome .22 that has been 100% reliable and pretty darn accurate. Feels and functions just like the full size 1911. Comes with threaded barrel for easy suppressor use as well.
Is the Sig identical to it? I think I'd prefer the 1911 style.

·
Registered
408 Posts
DA trigger is terribly loooong...SA was actually very nice. One of these will likely find it's way into my collection at some point.
I agree, the DA trigger leaves alot to be desired. The wife wanted one so she can practice, and prepare for her concealed carry class.

I think it would be a great addition to your Ruger collection.

Later, T.J.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
Just bought one today. I let my girlfriend pick it out so she thinks it is hers lol.

She tried the Walther P22 and it was fun to shoot however neither one of us liked the mag release. She is quickly becoming a Ruger girl, bought two of them in one week... The LCR .38 last Sunday and the SR 22 today.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I put a few thousand rds of fed buld not a glitch . Last batch had a few . Never a problem with CCI 40 gr . But only about 500 rds so far .

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
I have determined this this will be the next rimfire to train my kids with. Wife qualified for her CCW with a Walther P22, and although it's a fine gun, the Ruger is better in just about every way. Not to mention I am developing a SNAL-like addiction to Rugers. Been trying to talk the Mrs. into carrying an SR9C for her EDC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.