Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the better part of a few hours searching and researching Aimpoint models. For a variety of reasons I have narrowed it down to two models: Comp M3 and the T1. It really comes down to mount prices and the differences. Use will be strictly real world 'two way' shooting, classes, dryfire, practice, and SHTF. I know what everyone has said, pro's and cons of the various models incuding the Aimpoint comparison site itself. I have shot behind the Comp M3 and liked it. The issue then comes down to the various types of mounts. My experience has been a Comp M3 that was true co-witnessed vice co-witness in the lower 1/3. I even just saw mention on one site of 'SOCOM' co-witness like that makes me just wanna jump up and shout to buy one. Not sure of advantages to one or the other. (Uh...maybe just personal preference?)

I have looked at a 'few' of the Aimpoint mount sales/manufacturing sites. It seems if I want a QD cantilever mount for the Comp M3 it will cost me typically about $50 to $75 more than the top of the line T1 QD mount. The TI costs a bit more than the Comp M3. The prices seem to offset each other to some degree. Not enough to make a difference. And Lord knows I do not want to start a war tonite. LOL!

Does it really just come down to what you want and can afford? Pick one and go with it? Coz these things are not cheap, but as many say buy once. I do not want to cry later and I am able to do that now. I do not know what the future holds...so, I want to make sure I get as best as I can.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
If you like true cowitness pick up the Aimpoint PRO...it comes with a mount and has a 2moa dot. It can also be had for $370 mount included ;) Even if you want lower 3rd I would say get the PRO then sell the mount to cover the cost of a nice Larue or ADM mount.

I have a T-1 and love it however the H-1 is a better value unless you plan on using it with night vision or diving like more than 25m? with it.....plus it cost less. I only went with the T-1 because I got it with the Larue mount for like $370 during a crazy eBay/Paypal promotion a few years ago.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
What wahoo said. I bought a comp m2 which is 30mm with a 2moa dot and nv capability. But I didn't like the low mount which gave me an upper 1/3 co witness (I prefer true) so I had to shell out for a different mount. That said I love the optic.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Both the M3 and the T1 are solid performers. The primary issue you'd likely see between the two would be the brightness control on the M3 coming loose. The shooter will recognize this has occurred when he sees the brightness of the optic cycling through the intensity range. I've yet to see this happen with the T1.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info that everyone has posted so far. Chris you mention the brightness control on the M3. Any issues with the TI that you know of? I saw where knobs can be a bit cantankerous so would leave it on.

Look, we all know it is easy to get caught up in the stream of things where everyone says this or that. People buys this or that because someone else runs one. At the sametime there are reasons pro's use what they do besides sponsorships. It truly is hard not to go with the Aimpoint PRO and spend the funds on more training and extra rounds. At the same time this is my life. Just wanna minimize issues and I do like the size and weight of the Micro models including not obscuring anything in front of the muzzle.

Thanks....

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
The brightness controls on the T1 are a lot stiffer than those on the M3. This can be good and bad for several reasons. Anyways, with the long life of the Aimpoint, I just leave all of mine on and change the batteries once a year (or every two years)

When it comes to overall problems with the T1 I've yet to hear of any when mounted on carbines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.