Need some info from old post | Carolina Shooters Club

Need some info from old post

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by golfer, Aug 6, 2014.

1. golfer

golfer Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Sorry for taking up a post about this but I can't find what I'm looking for.

Someone here on the forums gave a place to camp in NC in a post this past October (I think). It was a campground somewhere up in the NW part of the state and the owners of the campground were gun supporters and also owned some sort of restaurant. I want to visit this campground but can't locate the post.

Sorry it's not much information to go on but if the person that suggested I go there to camp, please post up the information here for me again. I promised I would go visit the campground but it was at the end of the season and we couldn't make it.

Thanks

2. jebnc

jebnc Registered Member

I would like to know too!!!

3. WNC Seabee

WNC Seabee Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I remember that. You need to talk to Jeff, jcs3876 is his screen name. It's over near Waynesville/Canton area west of Asheville.

4. jcs3876

jcs3876 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

The name of the campground is Riverhouse Acres. It's in the Bethel area of Canton. Very pro gun, I run my business from there. If you're looking to relax, do some trout fishing it's a great spot on the Pigeon river 7 miles down stream from SunBurst Trout Farm. If you want to come on out let me know and I can make sure it's all ready for you and maybe set up a day of shooting. You can message me here, email [email protected], or call/text 828-777-2095. It seems like it would be a good time to visit, all the families who were on final vacations before school starts have all just left.(time for bigger and louder booms). Tim, you're more than welcome anytime!

5. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

Timely thread!

Wifey and I have been looking for a place like this and are now planning to spend 14-16Aug there.

6. golfer

Thanks for the information and the contact info. I think we are going to make plans to be there next weekend. Checking in on the 15th and leave the 17th. I'll let you know for sure. The plans are tentative because we are tying to finalize a home buy and I am not exactly sure of what could happen.

7. trcubed

Golfer...look us up if you go. We'll be somewhere around a red F150.

8. WNC Seabee

WNC Seabee Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

There's some terrific trout fishing in that area. And, a public rifle range (100yd) just a few miles away.

9. golfer

I'll PM you my phone number. We should arrive some time around 6 pm that Friday.

10. trcubed

Sent you mine as well. We'll get there late Thursday afternoon.

11. golfer

Spent this past weekend camping at Riverhouse Acres. Wonderful place and thanks for the recommend. We got to meet, camp, and spend the weekend with Mr. and Mrs. trcubed and I must say what a wonderful family. If you have not had the pleasure to meet trcubed and his wife in person you will miss out on meeting some of the kindest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. I think trcubed tolerated me for the Jalapeno Poppers that I cooked for breakfast! LOL

We shared the dinner table with them one evening in Waynesville at a little place called The Sweet Onion and it was some of the best food I've eaten in a while. I will say that after getting to know them a little bit and a few conversations with Mr. trcubed, it is a well know fact that the women folk are lucky to have us! :)

The wife and I drove into (by accident) a town called Clyde and came across a small gun shop there and they were setting up and calibrating a laser gun training facility and they offered us to shoot for free to help them out so we got to shoot for about an hour. We then made our way across the street to a Army Navy surplus store and I scored a WW2 GI mess kit with utensils!

I got to try out on this trip my new Scandinavian Gransfor's ax and my finger got in the way so I know for a fact that dude was sharp!

I could not get the internet there jcs3876 to get your number from this post to give you a call but thanks for the recommend and we really enjoyed our time.

12. trcubed

It's a good thing you're so purty.

LOL!

We spent a wonderful weekend with the golfers at Riverhouse. Can't remember when I've enjoyed a weekend that much. GREAT company, and it would have been plainly obvious to anyone that the ladies were the class acts of both our outfits.

I took time to kayak/fish the Pigeon between the campground and Canton, but broke my fishing rod about halfway...which is oddly OK since it fell out of the 'yak somewhere later on...probably when I t-boned that big ol' rock in the rapids. Never liked that rod anyway. Good riddance.

Golfer can indeed cook...those poppers were great, and on par with the ribs in blackberry sauce at the Sweet Onion. We WILL be going back there.

And, yes, thanks to jcs3876 for recommending Riverhouse. It was just the thing for a really needed weekend break. Making a couple of good, new friendships was the best part of all!