Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The welds on my muffler brackets on my truck broke and need to find someone who can weld good that can fix it, I'd prefer not to drive more than 30 minutes from greensboro and can meet anywhere around winston salem, hope i don't get charged an arm and a leg, obama is already taking most of my money!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does the bracket attach to the muffler, truck floor or truck frame? Many times the if it attaches to thin sheet metal like floor pan or muffler a gas MIG wire welder will be the easiest way weld to the thin material assuming rust did not cause the part to come loose (no one can weld rust). Most muffler shops should be able to repair this if there is any metal left to weld to. If not a patch over the surface may be required to be welded or pop riveted in place first to have something to weld the bracket to. If the bracket attaches to the heavier truck frame that will be easier to weld with even an old stick welder, but getting the vehicle up in the air so that someone can get to the area with a welder will require access to a lift or at the least, good jacks/stands or ramps. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.