Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/threads/103317-Gamma-master-chrony-w-printer?highlight=chrony

So I agreed to purchase the item listed in the above thread. We met and I inspected the item. It was missing the cable that connects the printer to the Chrony and Mike said he had it at home and would mail it to me so I purchased the item knowing this.

After closer inspection it was also missing one of the rods for the shades and I sent him a note and he said he had it and would get it to me. This was at the beginning of October.

After a couple of weeks and not receiving the missing parts I contacted him and he said he only had the cable and would send me that along with $20 so i could replace teh missing shade rods. I said great. Two more weeks went by and now we are well into November and I contact him and he is like I have been busy, I am coming to Durham and will drop it by, I said great if I am not home stick it in my mailbox. Guess what still no parts.

Another two weeks and Sandy hits the east coast he says he is busy working for repairs for that and will get it to me as soon as he can.

That brings me to current, now he will not answer my calls, returns my text messages or my PMs on the forum. I have delayed leaving negative and even asked Soreshoulder to try and reach him before I did negative feedback but Ed had no luck either so here I am leaving negative and warning everyone this guy will not live up to what he says.

I would have been perfectly happy if he had said I made a mistake and do not have the parts, probably would have still bought it but asked for a few more dollars off to replace the parts. Why be a jerk and say I have it and will get it to you if you have no intention of following through. I know money is tough right now but it is tough for me also.

Oh well buyer beware and I will be a little less trustung in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
FYI on Chronos replace the aluminum support rods (if so equiped) with wooden dowels. That way if you shoot them easily replaced...old indian trick Bailey Boat taught me - Thanks BB

On the cable - cant help ya

Sorry for the difficulties

Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Playground Vehicle door

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
FYI on Chronos replace the aluminum support rods (if so equiped) with wooden dowels. That way if you shoot them easily replaced...old indian trick Bailey Boat taught me - Thanks BB

On the cable - cant help ya

Sorry for the difficulties

View attachment 33644
i do the same thing on mine some people dont know the concept of aiming in the middle of the darn things freaking brother!

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
I ran into a similar issue on a transaction in NY (non-gun related), and I made the mistake of paying him in full and taking him at his word that he had, and would send me, the missing items (guy was a known member of a local forum up there). Many emails and days/weeks/months/years later, he never did follow through, and of course he stopped responding to my emails after a while. Never even offered to send back some of the money. Didn't cost me much at all, but what a total [email protected]$%@#@!(*(!

Contrast that with a purchase off this forum. Guy didn't have all the items, was very apologetic about it, and we agreed to reduce the price I paid to reflect the missing items (I wasn't gonna make that mistake again). But this guy was great with communications, and we set up a meet that was convenient for both of us and completed the transaction. Great guy and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with again. That's how it should be.

Shawn, appreciate your giving the -1. I will certainly avoid doing business with him. The aggravation from dealing with someone like that will end up costing you more in blood pressure meds than the money you lose!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.