Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We sold our glock17 and picked up a Caracal C today. Found it to be very clean from the factory and the metal work and metal finsh to be at a higher level than many costing alot more money. It does have a thinner frame than the glock and way shorter reach to the trigger than glock at 2.63" with the trigger reset at rest. My kahr cw9 reach is 2.46 so not much longer. I have checked out, cleaned in any how and lubed it and ran a mag full of ammo here at home. Going tomorrow to run a couple hundred rounds thru it and start getting use to it. It won't replace my current CC guns but seems to be a real nice addition to the house.

Just found my trigger pull gauge . With 15 rounds fired and a few dry fires the trigger pull averages 4lb 6oz with a 10 pull average. Can't wait to see what a few hundred rounds fired does to it.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Looking forward to a range report! Galloway Precision (here in Asheville) is now offering custom trigger work on them. He's primarily a Ruger guy...so the addition of this brand caught my eye.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Standard sights on mine. The QS sights are hard to come buy but only 17 bucks more for them and I am use to standard type sights so don't think I missed out. I really need a thinner front sight for my old eyes. . My serial number is under 075 and is a Waffen Works import . Now Styer is the importer. If guys have a favorite ffl they use centerfiresystems has them for 399.00

SNAL Custom trigger work. I just got done testing the trigger pull. Its only 4lb 6oz with a total of 30 trigger pulls. 10 of those to average the pull weight. Not sure a want it much lighter. May talk to him any how . Thanks for the heads up . Pictures up in a day or so for those that need them . ha

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't know why anyone would do trigger work on a Caracal unless they were running the gun in a an open division competition on something. They have the best striker fired trigger out IMO. ...and yes, I have a PPQ. :)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I found out photograhy is not my thang so no whinning about lack of quality. Went to the range and was more intent on just running rounds and seeing if i could limp wrist it and cause an issue with mixed odd 115gr loads and use up the different old hps too. So groups ain't very good. Figured I better get something for photos so 50 mixed brands of ammo shot rapid fire in one photo and 15 single handed slow fire both at 12 yards not the 20 I wrote at the time on one photo. Only got 125 shots fired before my thumb become way to tender to push rounds in these heavily sprung mags. Forgot the uplula to help load mags. This thang has the stronest mags springs ever made i think and the recoil spring they say is good for 10,000 rounds. Trigger pull has lowered down to 4lbs 3oz average for 10 shots now. Over all easy to shoot well. A friend went along that has a genetic paralyzes issues setting in and he was able to rack the slide fine and shoot it very well. There you have a first trip to the range with it.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
Nice gun. I have never seen one up close but they seem to be getting good reviews across the board. Made in UAE, right? Is it a new company or are they just new to the U.S. market? Or have I been living under a rock?

They seem to have a fairly competitive price point too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
How are you liking your Caracal?

I picked one up earlier this week and was planning to shoot it for first time this weekend however I just yesterday saw a new recall for Model C pistols. (I got the C model with the quick sights and I really think I may like these sights) Definitely a bummer. Recall suggest do not load or fire. I am really going to have a tough time not running a few rounds through it.

Info on recall here. http://www.caracal-usa.com/press/Recall-Notice-Caracal-Model-C-Pistol/

I did some snooping online and apparently a model C slide came apart under fire. Saw the pictures too and I wonder if it wasn't an ammo problem. A squib round perhaps.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on your experience with your pistol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.