new forum member, orange county NC | Carolina Shooters Club

new forum member, orange county NC

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members! Please Come in and Introduce' started by 92G, Jun 19, 2020.

1. 92G

92G Registered Member

greetings fellow 2A friends

recently moved back from MA to NC. was up there for a decade or so. gun laws are awful but the 2A-firearms community was amazing with a solid web/forum presence. I was member at 2 clubs one of which had a 300 yard range (for eastern MA is respectable). Obtaining an LTC in MA was necessary not only for CCW but even just ownership of a firearm. It never ceases to amaze me this can be considered constitutional. Thankfully my wife and I had no issues but I know upstanding folks who are unable to own firearms for the silliest nonstatutory “reasons”.

Setting aside my rambling, Im looking for suggestions on outdoor shooting clubs in central NC. I’m in northern Orange County. I have the usual credentials like NRA certification and some armorer courses, bla bla. Unfortunately work and family leave almost no time for organized or competitive shooting but I’d still like to be a member of at least 1 club.

looking forward to using the forum and learning what all has changed since I left NC.

92G

Tin40 likes this.
  2. Tin40

Tin40 U.S. Army (Retired)

Welcome to the Club!

92G likes this.
  3. copdills

copdills Registered Member

welcome to the forum

4. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Welcome 92G. Enjoy.

5. fochman

fochman Registered Member

Welcome from York County, South Carolina!

6. Sevenshot

Sevenshot Registered Member

I know the Durham Pistol Club is popular but has a long wait list. There's a free range run by NC WRC in Caswell County near you as well.