Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://guardianofvalor.com/new-life...ne-from-his-job-for-being-a-disabled-veteran/

"A news station out of South Carolina launched an investigative report after they heard a local disabled Veteran had been fired for being disabled. The Veteran, Jonathan Brown, has filed a lawsuit against the company. Lexington County court filings show the reason that New life Fitness World terminated Jonathan Brown on July 31 was "disabled veteran." The reason was noted on Brown's "Employment Status Change" form attached to the lawsuit. Now it is one thing to discriminate and try to cover it up, but this douche actually wrote it down on the discharge!"

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
This smells fishy. Nobody can be that stupid. That is a clear violation of the ADA regardless of vet status.

If its true then the fitness company will be breaking out their checkbook.

·
Banned
8,282 Posts
This smells fishy. Nobody can be that stupid. That is a clear violation of the ADA regardless of vet status.

If its true then the fitness company will be breaking out their checkbook.
I thought the same thing. How could someone be so dumb as to fire someone, even verbally, for a disability, much less WRITE IT DOWN.

I'm from this area originally and there are a handful of New Life Fitness centers. If that piece of paper is legitimate, it'll be "Johnathan Brown" Fitness Center. Would a lawyer go to bat for a guy with an obviously forged document? I mean, there's a picture of it in the article.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.