Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello NCSF members! Pls. don't hold the fact that I reside in The People's Republic of NJ against me. I work in NYC & if it weren't for the fact that my daughter & (2) granddaughters live there also, & bought a townhouse last yr. there, tomorrow I'd be gone. PA maybe. NJ is a horrible state to live in if you love firearms as I do & wish to exercise your 2nd. Amendment rights. It's anti gun to the max! Can't get a CC permit or own many guns (M1 Carbine to give just one example). Anyhow, enough. Just want to thank the forum for allowing me to join. I look forward to having some fun here as well as learning a great deal. I've found that you can really gain a lot of insight on forums & meet some dynamite folks. Take care & good shooting!!!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Welcome to the site. I cashed out many years ago. It's not a bad state except for the gun laws, no fault insurance and being the butt of practically every joke in the world. Very pretty and varied landscape, especially down south. Like a different state.

Always loved the bumper sticker about the last guy leaving NJ to shut off the lights. Also the road sign on 78? going into Pennsylvania that said "welcome to PA, where America starts"

Talk your kids into moving. It is a lot cheaper, lot less traffic and the weather is nicer.

·
U.S. Military (Retired)
796 Posts
You only live once. Live free.

You know why seagulls fly over NJ upside down?

'Cause there's nothing worth crapping on down there. Welcome.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey I lived there once! It's worse then you can ever imagine, 6 months to but one handgun(Permit) if your lucky. My taxes here are 1/25th what they were there with no sidewalks, water or sewer. Love it here. It wasn't easy but one day I just decided to do it. Sold everything and loaded up and never looked back. As was said you only live once why do it with a ball and chain around the neck. Raised at the Jersey Shore, we were called ClamDiggers, then I moved to the Pinies.
I'm a newbie to the forum myself so good luck!

G

·
lol thats a good entrance line
Dont hate me because I hate NJ to even though I live there.. Id really be in NY! Lmfao

In any case you seem to be the good sort.. Just as long as you dont say "its a jersey thing".

Welcome

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Pls. don't hold the fact that I reside in The People's Republic of NJ against me
Hold it against you? Hardly.
You work, you love your family, you obviously "knock it out" every day doing what a man does, you support the Second Amendment, there ain't nothing to "hold"!
You have a kick ass Governor, best pizza places on the planet, and, as said, theres some mighty nice country to be seen.
I moved here from the Adirondacks, and theres tons of Jersey tourists there, especially in the winter. Of all the tourists who go to the Adirondacks, the Jersey folks are the loudest, the friendliest, the most "thirsty", and also the best tippers by far!

Welcome indeed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.