Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Pamela and I am a fairly new gun owner and shooter. I recently joined a range and have learned that wow this is an addictive hobby! I find myself driving to the range every chance I get. I have not yet ventured into the rifle or shotgun arena yet, still trying to master my 9mms (Sig P938 and Smith & Wesson M&P....my favorite) Just purchased a Springfield 40 caliber and the Sig Scorpion 220 45 calber is on layaway. Like I said, I have found this to be an addictive hobby. I am looking forward to checking out comments on specific handguns, pros and cons etc. I enjoy meeting new people at the range and it's nice to hear why people prefer certain brands over others.

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Welcome.

And if you want to soak up knowledge- stay out of the minefield ;-)

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Welcome aboard!

In case you hadn't seen it we also have a dedicated sub-forum for Lady Shooters. You may find some events and trainings there that are specifically geared toward the ladies and particularly those new to firearms. That being said, don't think that's the only place you can post here, jump right in and make yourself at home.

Nice collection you've got started there by the way!

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Pam, you might like to talk with Jeepgirl. She is getting into shooting quite a bit. She has a collection similar to yours. We have a gathering in two weeks SE of Charlotte. Bring your shooting irons, fishing gear, and Dutch Oven.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
Welcome.

And if you want to soak up knowledge- stay out of the minefield ;-)
What he said and welcome. This is a great place for information. Sometimes you get adamant but different opinions but most of us mean well.

Stay away from evil black rifles and milsurps. They have a bad habit of multiplying.

If you decide you have reached the end of what you can teach yourself and you want to become a more proficient shooter check out John Boyette at Trace Armory Group for a class. He taught my wife more in 1 day than I'd been able to teach her in 10 years.

I might have even picked up a thing or 2 :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! The range where I am a member offers excellent instruction and I have found that I am doing well with the actual shooting and handling the guns safely. It's learning the different brands, calibers, and the best way to carry, conceal is mostly what I need to work on. I passed my conceal carry test and quals already:)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Welcome! If you like 9mm's, I recommend trying out a CZ 75b. Its one of the classic "wonder 9's" and you may really enjoy it. I'd try to rent one before dropping the cash on it.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Welcome to CSC! When you get a chance please take the time to do some training with any of the NC Based Trainers of which a few are board sponsors. Best money you'll spend!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Handguns lead to shotguns....shotguns lead to rifles......rifles lead to handguns.....semi-auto leads to revolvers......pump leads to double barrel....bolt action leads to semi-auto....semi auto leads to full auto....

Welcome to the addiction!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.