New Sig P365 Manual Safety | Carolina Shooters Club

New Sig P365 Manual Safety

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by mikeheel, Jun 5, 2019.

1. mikeheel

mikeheel Registered Member

I mostly pocket carry and prefer a manual safety for that mode of carry. I've been using a Sig P938 for a good while and really loved it, but I have been waiting for the P365 MS version to arrive. It finally did last week. I reserved one of the seven total a local dealer received and picked it up as soon as I could get there. I then hit the range with my brother.

I'm familiar with the 365 already, since my brother had the non-safety version.

The manual safety version is just like the regular, other than the safety. The grip surface may have been updated just a little. Or maybe my brother's was just showing a little wear.

The safety feels great and works perfectly. The gun, of course, is awesome for such a small thing. It really does seem to defy physics, particularly w.r.t. capacity and sight radius.

Anyway, I've extremely pleased with this new little guy.

I've attached pic of my 938 and the new 365 sitting on the 365 case.

IMG_20190601_211808.jpg

Jeppo, xRHINOx and ladder13 like this.
  2. bigB6flyer

bigB6flyer Registered Member

I put my first rounds thru my new P365 yesterday. 121 flawless rounds of 124,115, & some 147 hst. I really like the gun. It points very well & the sights are fantastic. One thing I noticed right away though is the mags are difficult to load, esp the last 4 rounds. Born on date May 2019.

mikeheel likes this.
  3. mikeheel

The mags do get easier as they break in, but I haven't seen them get super easy. At the range, I end up using a speed loader, which helps a lot.

bigB6flyer likes this.
  4. bigB6flyer

Just dug out a Glock mag reloader out of a Glock case. Works well on the 365 mags.

mikeheel likes this.
  5. bigB6flyer

Went the range today w it again. 225 perfect rounds now thru it. The Glock reloader has limited use to help reload the mags. The last couple rounds are still quite difficult. Also, esp with 147gr bullets, make sure your rounds are seated all the way aft in the mag for easier loading.

mikeheel likes this.
  6. mikeheel

This is the speed loader I use: https://www.amazon.com/Maglula-ltd-UpLULA-Magazine-Unloader/dp/B01MQTZVZY

Works perfectly.

7. bigB6flyer

I’ve been meaning to pick one up for awhile now. Thanks for the link.

Here are a couple pics of my 365 in a Vedder holster tuckable iwb. Really like the minimalist set up I have now.

5E0B33D0-5019-4C9D-8980-17E88BBE145B.jpeg E9A05F7A-1996-4F22-8C4F-44B7F0D22966.jpeg

mikeheel likes this.
  8. intrepid953

intrepid953 Registered Member

Put 250 various loads through my new P365 today with no problems using the 10 and 12 round magazines. No problems at all. And I used a Maglula to load my magazines. It works great on both magazines

mikeheel likes this.
  9. ladder13

ladder13 Registered Member

I’m past 3,000 trouble free rds through my P365.

mikeheel likes this.