New UPS Shipping Rules | Carolina Shooters Club

New UPS Shipping Rules

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by 303hunter, Nov 8, 2019.

1. 303hunter

303hunter Registered Member

Shipped a scope to a member this morning by UPS. They told me a new rule makes a scope a firearm part, and requires a signature on delivery, and must be shipped next day. Because of this, it cost almost twice as much to ship. I liked UPS because they take at least reasonable care of my packages, but will start using USPS for my shipping starting now.

justpassinthru likes this.
  2. MurphyLong

MurphyLong sudo Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

...or you could just ship a "handheld monocular."

3. 303hunter

Actually thought about that, but if I had to use the insurance I paid for, it would certainly be denied because of false info.

4. MurphyLong

MurphyLong sudo Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

That's a good point. I've never handled glass worth more than $200 anyway.

5. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

"Machined Parts"...... I've used that for years with no issues..

6. wolffie

wolffie Registered Member

Did you ship it at a hub or “ups store.”

I can’t find anything on ups policy page that requires a part to be shipped next day or adult signature. I’ve run across plenty of morons at “ups stores” that don’t know what they are talking about and/or try to up sell you on more expensive shipping options. Only handguns and stripped receivers have to go next day air.

I will generally ship firearms stuff through the hub. Or, if accessories, via usps.

7. 303hunter

I used the hub in Fayetteville. Maybe they have a few morons(or at least one)there also. I plan on going back and asking for a supervisor for more info.

8. magicmanmb

magicmanmb Registered Member

About 12 years ago I acquired a Glock 17 gen 1 00017 NYPD that was a test weapon before they went with the 19. Shipped back to Glock from the FED-ex hub in Myrtle Beach to Atlanta it made it to Florence on one of the overnight 10am trucks and vanished. I was having surgery the next morning and expected a present when got home. They sent my ex flowers a fruit basket anything so I wouldn’t notify ATFE immediately. The ex called put it in as stolen while I was under anesthesia. The Clerk redid the box to show it was a firearm. My brother worked for them and told me it happened a lot at Charlotte. Never recovered and they removed it from NCIC after a year. Since then anytime I’ve needed any part or weapon shipped paid my FFL an extra $10-20 never had a problem. Seems they’ll stand by insurance etc for a dealer rather than regular citizens. Insured for $900 they paid Blue Book value even though I was charged extra.