Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure hope you foks don't get this new virus going around. It is a true butt kicker. Chicken Lady and grandson had it and now I've got it. Bad juju, aches and pains, terrible headache, coughing and sinus blowups............... Doc said they're calling it a non-specific respiratory infection. Doc offices are full of kids and adults with it.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Yep. Me too. It has finally subsided tonight. "Acute Bronchitis" is what it is called and it will kick your butt to next Sunday and not apologize for doing so. I've been blowing bloody orange, yellow, and green snot out of my nose, from my lungs, since last Saturday.

Mucinex works for me. Just a piece of advice...... Don't use cough suppressants when dealing with this..... You need to cough this crap up and out of your body. Kind of like when you have diarrhea, don't take anti-diarrhea medicine. Your body knows better than you and is trying to rid itself of something that shouldn't be there. Mucinex breaks up the congestion so you can cough it up. Using cough suppressants does the opposite and that crap stays all packed up in your respiratory system.

Also, and this may sound crazy, but coat your chest and forehead with Vicks Vaporub, or............................ Google "Mustard Plaster". Although most doctors will scoff at this idea, trust me, it works. My Grandmother used Mustard Plasters when I was very young. It is a given, Grandmas know better than anyone. Just don't use cough suppressants and blow the crap out of your nose every chance you get.................. Dave

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
There's also that fungal meningitis going around. Heck, I may skip the state fair this weekend.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Keep in mind, I am NOT a doctor. But my standard avice is to eat a full tube of frozen orange juice concentrate with a fork then shave your junk.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Ive had a nearly quarter size ulcer in the back of my throat for two weeks after getting sick this sucks!

·
3,580 Posts
I have been fighting some crap since 27th September, finally went to Dr's office on tuesday, was diagnosed with bi-lateral pneumonia.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
My son just had the same crap and with the ulcer too.

Dr. prescribed antibiotics. For the ulcer, he prescribed Apthasol (the ulcers are actually "apthous ulcers"). Almost no drug stores carry Apthasol but can get it next day. It forms some sort of film over the ulcer and my son said he had relief the next day. Tiny tube of medicine and costs $22.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
My son just had the same crap and with the ulcer too.

Dr. prescribed antibiotics. For the ulcer, he prescribed Apthasol (the ulcers are actually "apthous ulcers"). Almost no drug stores carry Apthasol but can get it next day. It forms some sort of film over the ulcer and my son said he had relief the next day. Tiny tube of medicine and costs $22.
i go in the morning I'll have to get some prescribed good to know. thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.