Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone! I found this site while trying to locate someplace that doesn't want $15-20 bucks a 1/2 hour to shoot my weapon. I've read some threads on the Gastonia police shooting range. It appears to be $5.00 an hour. That would be sweet! So let me know if that's accurate.

I'm 52, got my CCW earlier this year. I carry a Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45. Well, I should say I'm working on carrying it. I have a IWB Oldfaithful holster coming in the next week or so. So yea, I'm new to carrying. I'm also aware of the liability that involves. That's why I want to find a place that isn't so cost restrictive so that my proficiency and comfort level can improve. I'm also interested in IDPA, but that may be a few months off yet. Anyway, I look forward to meeting some of you and learning what I can learn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard. The gastonia range may be awhile before the pistol part is open to the public. An idpa event is close by at Meck Wildlife club off of Sam Wilson rd.
I thought I read here that it was open as of Dec 1st. Hmmm.. gonna have to go check again..

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow gaston county member ! Let me know when you plan to go to the rifle range and I will join you if you would like ! The gastonia police rifle range was supposed to be opened Dec. 1 2012. They do not have a pistol range there currently but it is in the works from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum from a fellow gaston county member ! Let me know when you plan to go to the rifle range and I will join you if you would like ! The gastonia police rifle range was supposed to be opened Dec. 1 2012. They do not have a pistol range there currently but it is in the works from what I hear.
That would be cool! I must be confusing the rifle range and pistol range. A friend of mine in the Bessemer City area has some property and I've gone there. But would like to be somewhere a little more formal. Plus it's nice to have others around too. We'll try to sync up soon and do some shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.