Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last day of duck season is tomorrow...and it's supposed to be 62degF. Here we are in the middle of winter and the ducks are flying around in shorts and tshirts on their way north.

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
it's a whole lot better than 25 and windy
Not if you're a die hard duck hunter.... I've had 2, count 'em 2, duck dinners this year!!!! That means that all of 4 ducks have died this season at my hand..... Sad, pityful and brings a tear (that can't freeze) to my eyes...... Another lost season.

·
Banned
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not if you're a die hard duck hunter.... I've had 2, count 'em 2, duck dinners this year!!!! That means that all of 4 ducks have died this season at my hand..... Sad, pityful and brings a tear (that can't freeze) to my eyes...... Another lost season.
Sad to say, but I've not killed an NC duck this year. Only seen a half dozen or so while hunting.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Only killed a few myself and throw in 4 or 5 geese. Has not been good duck weather this year (or deer). The geese are resident geese, but they do not seem to frequent the place we can shoot at them unless some of the other holes freeze up. After next Saturday when goose is also over I guarantee it will be a good cold snap.
(edit) those are this years ducks in my avitar, however fish ducks don't count for eating ducks. For some reason a giant flock of mergansers flew in where we hunt and since the ponds are a fish farm it is our civic duty to kill them)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.