Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. With fair to sometimes-better-than-fair pricing, firearms used to move pretty well and now it doesn't feel like anything is moving. At least nothing of mine is moving. I've kind of went off the rails in the opposite direction buying more than I should just because the pricing is so good right now. Definitely appears that people are slowing their spending right now to see how this economy plans to move forward.

· That guy that did that thing
2,206 Posts
Yes sadly people are getting cheap not that many weren't before but now it's worse. My plans are to list things on Gunbroker now for more people to see
People ain’t necessarily cheap. If what you got ain’t selling in the current market you have overvalued your product and either need to add more value or drop the price. Basic Econ 101.

· Styling and profiling
The figure 4
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
People ain’t necessarily cheap. If what you got ain’t selling in the current market you have overvalued your product and either need to add more value or drop the price. Basic Econ 101.
If anyone wants my shadow 2 for $900 pm me I’m $400 below market value. I bet it doesn’t sell🤦‍♂️

· That guy that did that thing
2,206 Posts
If anyone wants my shadow 2 for $900 pm me I’m $400 below market value. I bet it doesn’t sell🤦‍♂️
My CZ527 is here at what I paid and that is about 300 to 400 under what they are going for currently.
The “market value” by definition is what people in the market are willing to pay for your used item. If no one is willing to pay that, then it is above the “market value” it is a used item, it’s only inherent worth is what someone will pay you to take it off your hands. 🤷‍♂️

· Registered
434 Posts
You also have to take into account the following.

1- Sellers or buyers limits on travel due to fuel cost or other factors
2- Sellers unwilling to ship/mail.
3- Limited customer base for FTF firearm sales on state/local forums.

If one wants to get 'market value' for their items, they would need to modify some or all of the above traits. And possibly post places with a larger customer audience.

An item is worth whatever it finally sells for. And that is determined on each sale based on agreement of the seller and buyer.

Stay safe and take care.

· Registered
46 Posts
The value of something is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. If that’s lower than the asking price then the market is telling you it was listed too high. If that is unsatisfactory then take it off the market or lower the asking price. It makes no difference what previous selling prices were. It’s opinions of the present that determines the resale price right now.

· Registered
CZ Collector
52 Posts
it's all speculative on who is seeing it and where the item is listed. I had local people and friends who knew I paid 600 for my HK P7 in 1985 and only wanted to give me the same. It ended up selling for four thousand dollars and they are more now. The more people that see something the more it could go up to when different people have more to spend or if they know the value of rare things or not. I constantly find things that are either rare or undervalued because someone does not know. If someone has something that is very plentiful then of course that has to be marked down if you really want to sell it. Glocks are like gravel on a backroad. Tons everywhere and if you want to sell it then you need to mark it under the other 2000 of them or it won't move!

· Registered
503 Posts
Fundamentally I think it comes down to the economy right now.

Just speaking for myself I have less disposable income to buy my toys than I would have had in other circumstances.

Plus I have one kid in college and another almost in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
53 Posts
Fundamentally I think it comes down to the economy right now.

Just speaking for myself I have less disposable income to buy my toys than I would have had in other circumstances.

Plus I have one kid in college and another almost in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Amen.. This is why I spend on ammo and training only right now.

· Registered
143 Posts
Most folks on this and other similar forums own firearms well past their necessity and without another ‘panic’ buying spree the sells will stagnate. Plenty of need for ammo and components due to the lack of supply but with corporations playing us for fools inflation has most holding their purses tight. Hopefully the needs will bring back competition and return our economy to it’s once state of fairness.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts