Carolina Shooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

· Registered
Firearms, bow, crossbow
58 Posts
Honestly, for me my extra income has declined due to the rising cost of well everything! Not to mention some of the members live several hours away and personally I don't want to pay shipping and FFL fees. Just my take on it.

· Premium Member
58 Posts
I think it’s a combination of the economy and inflation and people tightening up spending, especially with the holidays coming up, prices to some degree in that a lot of us bought at inflated prices and now the market on some things are correcting a little bit, and this is a smaller forum to sell in.

· Registered
168 Posts
Inflation is over 50% corporate profit and you think Biden is to blame? Man, the oligarchs on the right have really sold you on their plan to get more wealthy while the rest of us get poor.
Not to make myself out to be some sort of hot shot but I do have a lot visibility in our "corporate profits" and I can assure you that we are every bit as affected as the people by this rising inflation and have been forced to increase prices to our customers just to stay profitable and keep our people employed. There certainly isn't any price gouging that I can see occurring and though I won't mention the specific industry, it is one that is considered one of the back bones of the American economy.

· Registered
11 Posts
The reason hardly anything is selling is because most folks on here are asking new prices for used products. Optics selling for 100% of MSRP? reloading components selling at 95% MSRP? Then.....you have to have it shipped. By the time you purchase some of the items for sale on here you would have been better off buying it new. BY THE WAY I LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND THE FORUMS. However some folks are trying to "market" sales on here instead of realising that is not what forums are for. GET YOUR PRICES DOWN. Not only can you not sell something for 100% of MSRP and then charge shipping too..........we are in a recession. People are doing good to buy bullets for their guns, much less buy a $1400 rifle scope for $1380+shipping. As sleepy Joe dirtbag would say. "COME ON MAN"..........

· Registered
796 Posts
I think it’s a combination of the economy and inflation and people tightening up spending, especially with the holidays coming up, prices to some degree in that a lot of us bought at inflated prices and now the market on some things are correcting a little bit...
100%. It's hard to go from a buy buy trend for several years now to a proverbial desert. You couldn't sell a kidney right now. Expectations as a seller is that things SHOULD be moving, but i think the market is oversaturated, there's a huge pricewar going on to attract buyers (eg the hipower, mp5, turknellis), and i think sellers have a sense of used goods still being close to new prices (which hey, why not). Inflation, higher than ever rent, not so stellar energy prices, and the undeniable global spike in financially conservative spouses equates to less free income. Less available cash + the holidays (flights are expected to go way up) and you need the deal of the year to draw in buyers on commercial guns (or another big 2a scare).
All that said, anyone got an ultrastar for sale? ;)

· Registered
3 Posts
Honestly, for me my extra income has declined due to the rising cost of well everything! Not to mention some of the members live several hours away and personally I don't want to pay shipping and FFL fees. Just my take on it.
I have tried to make purchases on this site but I am not allowed. By the time I contact the sellers personal site I am too late.

· Registered
33 Posts
Not to make myself out to be some sort of hot shot but I do have a lot visibility in our "corporate profits" and I can assure you that we are every bit as affected as the people by this rising inflation and have been forced to increase prices to our customers just to stay profitable and keep our people employed. There certainly isn't any price gouging that I can see occurring and though I won't mention the specific industry, it is one that is considered one of the back bones of the American economy.
3/4 of S&P reported profits in Q3. How is that possible when most Americans are hurting? They haven’t just raised prices to cover loses, they raised prices to make higher profits than last quarter (and some, like petroleum are higher than ever). Here Are The Companies That Have Profited The Most During Inflation

· Registered
9 Posts
what is the deal with primers? Who is getting them? I found 5 boxes of small pistol two weeks ago at the Apex Academy sports and felt I found gold. They were limiting customers to 5 boxes (of 100) each... but after I bought my 5 there were only 6 boxes left... nuts

· Registered
33 Posts
what is the deal with primers? Who is getting them? I found 5 boxes of small pistol two weeks ago at the Apex Academy sports and felt I found gold. They were limiting customers to 5 boxes (of 100) each... but after I bought my 5 there were only 6 boxes left... nuts
Most companies have stated that their primers are going to manufactures of ammo.

· Registered
205 Posts
Well/fair priced kit has tended to move quickly. Not always but often.

Elov makes good points above.

Money is tight all around thus sellers abound and buyers have sharpened their pencils and hardened their calculus.

Good time as a seller to be even more flexible. Was it me, and I wasn’t desperate for $$$, I’d consider carefully the trade possibilities. This is increasingly a great time for trade/barter.

Reactions: Snap1 and Marmaduck

· Registered
42 Posts
Most companies have stated that their primers are going to manufactures of ammo.
This is very accurate, but here is one problem here. Vista is pretty close if they have not already hit their backlog and all the big manufacturers are now overproducing in a market that is not buying. What does this tell us? Seems to me that they are overstocking and waiting for the next “event”. I would like to say they are doing it so we have no shortages, but it’s more likely because they can charge more. Most manufacturer’s missed out on making the big bucks in 2020 for lack of back stock. Vista sure didn’t miss out. The 7 Billion round backlog they had were all orders at inflated prices.

· Registered
143 Posts
Vista is a fine example of why we have anti-trust laws yet no enforcement. Capitalism only works when there is competition between the makers. Vista, as with most corporations, buy up the competition and then ‘capitalize’/steal from the consumers with false claims. My money will be spent on any company that makes a quality product and trades fair on the open market. Screw Vista should be the rule if the day.

· Registered
42 Posts
Vista is a fine example of why we have anti-trust laws yet no enforcement. Capitalism only works when there is competition between the makers. Vista, as with most corporations, buy up the competition and then ‘capitalize’/steal from the consumers with false claims. My money will be spent on any company that makes a quality product and trades fair on the open market. Screw Vista should be the rule if the day.
What about small businesses such as myself? I wish there were more people that would call me and save a couple dollars than buying from Big Box, but I don't have all kinds of other cool stuff that they didn't even know they needed.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts