Carolina Shooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

· Registered
330 Posts
What is being stated in summary, IMHO, is supply and demand at work. Setting aside Vista & monopoly for the moment. The economy is "forcing" a reduced demand while supply continues unabated. Simple economics 101 states prices should/must go down. The monopoly issue introduces politics into economics which almost always screws things up! FWIW

· Registered
205 Posts
What is being stated in summary, IMHO, is supply and demand at work. Setting aside Vista & monopoly for the moment. The economy is "forcing" a reduced demand while supply continues unabated. Simple economics 101 states prices should/must go down. The monopoly issue introduces politics into economics which almost always screws things up! FWIW
Party foul…if I may say so

you did say SIMPLE and ECONOMICS in the very same sentence

· Registered
205 Posts
What party inferred?
YOU ARE RIGHT.

Party? Shit show? Your choice here…

...cmon man, while details are important, truth and consequences—-no longer seem to be. Party foul is a simple figure of speech. You want to insist it’s incorrectly used? Ok. The inference, if any, was mine. I’ll own that if it will turn your frown upside down. Now what.

If these times we are currently enduring ain’t a (piss poor) party, it is surely a damned D rated nightmare.

It wasn’t a great attempt at funny but you done deflated it. Appreciate ya. A sharp eye for detail cannot never be sufficiently appreciated.

· Registered
205 Posts
All good. The days I don’t learn something new are fewer and further between.

Turns out the new problem is remembering...

Reactions: nature boy

· Registered
205 Posts
Looks like fewer and fewer dollars chasing more and more good kit. Unsurprisingly.

I ain’t no economist but I do think that decreasing economic stability and increasing social instability are at odds with media and the politicians telling us “It’s all good!”

Watching the classified and or want ads here is slightly less depressing than cruising the local pawn shop where they’ve gone from literally no guns a couple times during Covid to dozens right now. Great news is online ammo prices are moving back into the realm of reasonable with 9 dropping faster than 223/5.56. Holy smokes, even 22 is under .10/round by a decent bit.

Enjoy the ride y’all.

The prudent mariner husbands his stores…

· Registered
205 Posts
PS. Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing has to be a kick in the nuts for the private seller …for a minute anyhow.

· Registered
44 Posts
The reason hardly anything is selling is because most folks on here are asking new prices for used products. Optics selling for 100% of MSRP? reloading components selling at 95% MSRP? Then.....you have to have it shipped. By the time you purchase some of the items for sale on here you would have been better off buying it new. BY THE WAY I LOVE THIS WEBSITE AND THE FORUMS. However some folks are trying to "market" sales on here instead of realising that is not what forums are for. GET YOUR PRICES DOWN. Not only can you not sell something for 100% of MSRP and then charge shipping too..........we are in a recession. People are doing good to buy bullets for their guns, much less buy a $1400 rifle scope for $1380+shipping. As sleepy Joe dirtbag would say. "COME ON MAN"..........
DON’T pay over retail! Need/greed/panic helped prolong ammo prices. On the other hand there is a lot of money in other peoples hands and they will pay what you or I or others can’t or won’t. That’s the way it goes: haves, have nots and mostly in between, regardless of current economics.

· Registered
205 Posts
Seller intransigence. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

That and the price of petrol…many sellers won’t ship either. Kinda paints some folks into the proverbial corner.

· Registered
205 Posts
Good news is the market will adjust itself. It doesn’t need our help. We are just along for the ride.

· Registered
205 Posts
…then they didn’t really want it…

Reactions: SkydivnShooter

· Registered
CZ Collector
52 Posts
Ya some people haven't experienced in life the " I wish I got it back then" and wasn't a cry baby to drive an hour for twenty dollars in gas to get something. I have a bunch of rare stuff that is nearly impossible to find and those type of things aren't coming around ever again. When they only make 20 or 30 of something it's not gonna be as cheap as say a Glock that every day there's 15,000 of them all for the same price so that is not going to move fast at all. The big sites are good because more eyes get on things. And add to the mix many people don't always know what they have. I've spotted things worth 4 grand that someone either died or is trying to sell it for someone else and they don't know and it's 800 bucks. Search Guncrafter industries and look at their prices. I found one for 800 and told someone and it was Christmas in july for them! Even around here local. I find things on the "Bargain table" and the guys act like I'm clueless and I buy that brass for 75 dollars and it sels for 400 on gunbroker so who's the smart one? Did that 4 times now Ha Ha

41 - 60 of 81 Posts