Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Durham Pistol & Rifle Club’s Education Department Director Robert McClure is a NRA Training Counselor!!
For the rest of this year (Nov and Dec) and moving in to the whole of 2013, DPRC EDU will provide NRA Instructor and student level courses. If you are interested in becoming an Instructor or adding a discipline please keep this in mind.

Durham Pistol & Rifle Club’s Education Department will not be a certification mill. If you are the type of person that wants top level training by our staff, gain true experience and are able to perform within the standards of the NRA Training program; we are the place for you!! Our program of development is led by a progressive mindset that understands that a true Instructor is a professional teacher first and foremost.

Candidates will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills required to be successful during an instructor training course by completing pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises administered by the NRA Appointed Training Counselor.

Please keep us in mind if interested. We will be posting on our website and on CSC very soon the dates of all our courses and costs. We strive to provide the level of service you expect from the best in the training industry.

DPRC EDU

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
This will be epic!!

Myself and Scott will be helping Bob within the reg's of the NRA instructor level courses. These courses are not the typical pay and get a cert event most of the NRA Instructors are use to at this time.

As the Range Master and that means (in charge of training) I will help Bob follow the NRA guidelines 100% and interject my experance to make all Instructors coming to DPRC the best they can be! So if you want to truly learn firearms training, learn how to run a classroom, and provide top level safe firearms handling skills; this program is for you.

But if you can not pass the pre-qual written and shooting events no slack will be given. We want the best to come in the door, and put out a top shelf Instructor that will educate correctly, safely in a modern setting.

John

·
Premium Member
8,431 Posts
That sounds awesome John! We feel like aligning the Club with the NRA and getting both students and instructors involved will lead to excellent curriculum and training. We are looking forward to it!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm interested in a Basic Handgun Instructor certification. Have the NRA RSO certification, any upcoming classes? I like the idea of a "true" course and certification. Please feel to PM me.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.