Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that is the only way for him to have any relevance . He appeals to those who use that as an excuse for their failures. If the Country is racist you can't succeed so don't try just bitch.
You might just be on to something here: "He appeals to those who use that as an excuse for their failures."

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I have also noticed two issues that relate to this:

1) Any disagreement with Obama or BLM or refugee resettlement or open borders is deemed racist so as to marginalize the opinion and eliminate discourse.

2) "White privilege" has become a catch all to excuse bad behavior from non-whites and to marginalize white history, contributions, etc... Everyone can be "proud" but the people with the least melanin should hush. They have had their privilege - even if they are as poor as dirt.

I take issue with both points. We are the human race. We need to be united. True diversity is respecting difference and utilizing it to strengthen the whole.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The term "diverse" simply means less white now. It's getting really damn old.
I wish I could disagree. But, you are correct.

...less white, less American, less constitutional, less traditional, and actually LESS diverse when it comes to opinions that oppose the "progressive" worldview.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You are still being argumentative and now maybe belligerent. That is a shame, because I have seen some insightful posts from you before, but your comments in this thread just read like trolling.
Again, fieldgrade did not say everything was fine before obama, he did not say everything would be fine after obama. He said obama made the situation worse after becoming president. You keep asserting a valid point, but doing so as though it is an appropriate response or somehow contradicts fieldgrade's comment, but it is neither.
Obama made things worse because he continuously weighed in on / associated himself with race matters from Gates to Trayvon to Brown to BLM... His behavior was that of a social justice warrior and community organizer. He didn't act like a president that was trying to heal race relations, encourage unity, and move forward. He had a habit of looking backward and picking at scabs.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yes, racial tensions have always been there...bubbling just under the surface...but they hadn't been at a boiling point until the shooting of Trayon Martin and Michael Brown.

Trayvon's killing could have been avoided, but once he launched into his blitz attack, it became a separate incident with a whole new set of rules.

Michael Brown's killing is a completely different ball game. For the record, I'd have shot him too under the same circumstances. A 6'4-inch 300-pound male doesn't have to be armed in order to be lethal...especially a male with all the wisdom and self-control of an 18 year-old. He got exactly what he asked for.

Barack Obama had the opportunity to quell the trouble that was brewing before it exploded...but he didn't do that. Instead, he stuck his nose and his 2 cents worth and his justice department in the middle of what was rightly a state concern, and threw gas on the smoldering fire...and that's where all this trouble began.

And look what it's led to.

He could have held a press conference to call for quiet...to allow the legal process to work...but he didn't do that. He stirred the hornet's nest instead.

And he knew that's what he was doing...and he knew what would happen...and I believe in my heart that he was hoping beyond hope that it would lead to widespread unrest on a level that would give him an excuse to declare Martial Law.

And at the bottom of his eleventh hour, he continues to agitate it by claiming that Trump was elected because ****** hates him.

Always about him, and always about race. Right?

And his useful idiots swallow it.

"If you want to put an end to the race problem, stop talking about it."

-Morgan Freeman-

January 20th can't get here fast enough.
Perfect

Reactions: pikepole20

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Well, I for one would not pin it all on the Prez. His comrades such as Mr Soros surely contributed to the effort. And yes, it will get better without idiots like the Prez and his lackey AG's giving racist speeches everytimes a person of color gets a boo boo. But you can't flip a switch on 8 years of preaching and propaganda. Things take time. We did not get here over night.
We have had a generation raised under Obama who haven't had the experience of previous generations and who truly believe the race and "white privilege" bull.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Well, I for one would not pin it all on the Prez. His comrades such as Mr Soros surely contributed to the effort. And yes, it will get better without idiots like the Prez and his lackey AG's giving racist speeches everytimes a person of color gets a boo boo. But you can't flip a switch on 8 years of preaching and propaganda. Things take time. We did not get here over night.
I still don't understand why we allowed a man that nearly crashed the Bank of England to take up residence in the U.S. and stir the pot.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well, I remember fights and "riots" in school during the busing in Clt in the '70's. But, we won't have to worry about anything like that around CSC now that we have diverse and progressive owners.
Yeah, and there are also "mean girls."

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I see you're back to your old job of stirring the racial pot.
I am not "stirring" a thing. Obama made the comment.

Quite frankly, I am tired of hearing about "white privilege" and seeing an entire race maligned for accusations that are, at best, merely allusary and expected to step aside and share in the guilt of those whom they bear only melanin resemblance. All this while many look to the past rather than the future, divided on victimhood rather than united by hope...

We should all be able to feel proud of our collective accomplishments without having them divided by ethnicity, religion, etc... We are supposed to be Americans - not Italian Americans, African Americans, Muslim Americans...

The bizarre thing is that excuses and special treatment are not borne out of unity. Living in the past allows people to nurse others' hurts and explain away their own by living in the past.

Wahoo, I will not apologize anymore. It is time for everyone to work together. Black America has had a president and a multitude of other representatives in high places. So, what you falsely consider racism is pragmatism wrapped in friendship. Live in the present and future dude. I am over it. Choose to nurse wounds (real or imagined) or move forward.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Oh yes you do keep it stirred. You really are a mirror image of ole Al and Jessie and whats sad is you really don't see it. Your constant bitchin and moaning about race issues are exactly what they do yet you believe that makes you different. Maybe one day you'll buy a mirror and spend some time gazing in it to see how much your resemble the very thing you say you dislike.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
As I said, I have nothing to apologize for and won't. There is one race made by our Creator - human. Melanin doesn't count. What is inside does. Live life from the inside out Wahoo. I don't care if you are avocado, chartruse, pomegranate, cornflower blue... Souls don't have melanin. It is time for the division, navel gazing, and blame to stop.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Krabba: The story of the Irish doesn't at all compare to the story of black Americans, but thanks for trying that one... again.
Hmmmmmm.... Interesting....

My guess is that there are long dead Irish in this nation's history who had a much worse experience than you could ever possibly imagine. Yet, you lay claim to being a part of the Black experience because you have darker skin while demeaning the Irish experience as not comparable. Why is that? Will the Irish experience take away from the Black experience? Will it mean that the true story is more nuanced than the nicely-packaged story which feeds victimhood and rabble rousing?

History is so very important. Also viewing history through the eyes of individuals rather than collectives is too. Unfortunately, we have a propensity to look at history through collectives. This allows some contemporary Americans to utilize these historical references to lay claim to persecution or its lasting effects while excoriating others for persecuting or bearing resemblance to historical persecutors. It gives fuel to the fire of stupidity and acts of violence.

Now, let me be crystal clear. I am in no way stating that racism is not real. But, nowadays, it is more individual than collective, or institutionalized if you will. We need to understand that it emanates from all races and walks of life because people are, unfortunately, tribal by nature...and that isn't right by the way.

Yes, you can lay hold of the "white privilege" meme. However, that conveniently, but ignorantly, dispenses with nuance. It doesn't explain the poor people in Appalachia who can't get a break. It doesn't explain the success of people like Ben Carson.

As I said above, you need to live life from the inside out. Your soul does not have melanin and you won't be able to say to the good Lord, "But, but, I was black" when He hung on the cross to redeem everyone from all our b.s. - racism included.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Yes the experience was difference. For someone who claims to study history how can you gloss over the part where the Irish were made the wealthy elites bitches and used to keep the blacks and brown in check. Why do you think the first police departments were Irish workers and they still have a huge presence today? You talk about privilege like it doesn't exist when overlooking the fact that it's one of the key things that changed the outcome for the Irish in this country. Gimme a break with your whining.

And it makes it worse when you use people like Ben Carson as an example. He's a brilliant man but nothing is an absolute so to point out a few exceptions doesn't mean there aren't things to overcome. There's always exceptions and exceptional people in any group.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
So, you have it worse than Irish slaves. Gotcha! ;)

Ben Carson is an inconvenient anomaly... So is Loretta Lynch, Barack Obama, Jeh Johnson, etc... etc... etc...

Give it up Wahoo. Mankind cannot overcome it's in-humanity. That's why we need a Savior. My soul is colorless and so is yours. Life life from the inside and look to the future dude.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Are you really that oblivious to reality and plain words? When O and his appointees and the media constantly berate and blame innocent people for the failings of those that the gov intentionally made into clueless helpless dependents, those blamed get a little defensive. We aren't keeping anyone down or holding anyone back. To the extent that is actually happening, blame the too big for our own good gov - destroying the family, the work ethic, pride in accomplishment, decent morals, unborn (mostly black) babies, and on and on.

The rest of us want nothing more than for _everyone_ to succeed, because only progressives think that this is a zero sum game and that winners require losers.

Stop blaming Tomb Raider or anyone else for pointing out that the house has been set on fire by the left and that they are throwing gas on it as we speak. The progressives are _using_ you for their profit and power, they gain from your discontent (and poverty, although not you individually) not your success. They don't actually give a damn about anyone or anything but themselves (the ones in power, there are lots of deluded useful idiots out there unfortunately).

She isn't attacking a race - she is attacking the progressive worldview and the tactic of intentional racial division that it uses to gain power (not just racial division of course).

Trump will be president not because of (white) racism, but because normal people are sick and tired of the lies and blame of the left that they thought they could throw around with impunity. Listen - you might learn something. Maybe your worldview isn't perfectly accurate and needs revising. If you can defend how O has handled the topic of race in the last 8 years, you will convince nobody to change their mind because you have proved yourself bought into the progressive lies and therefore completely not credible.
Thank you. 100 percent truth...

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
"President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home."
"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/harvard.gates.interview/
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Very, very big spoon.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In my opinion, Obama has "rubbed off" on those in office and the trickle down effect is blatantly evident in cities like New York, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, and a few other cities that have gained notoriety of being the most crime ridden areas in the United States. Progressives? Yes. Black? Yes. At least those in office and are responsible for intentional neglect that is reducing black America to subjects who have no hope, no recognizable future, and live for the moment. The black poverty rate increased in the eight years of hope and change. Black unemployment stayed the same. Median income fell. An interesting point: Testing of black school kids peaked in 2008 and did not enjoy the past success in the next eight years. Even more interesting is the fact that urban centers show more disappointing gains in testing.
Obama willfully and intentionally accelerated willful entitlement. I am 76 years old and I was appalled to see that Obama was giving federal grants to cities to increase the number to be dependent on food stamps. I can recognize that some were rightly informed but the number added nationally is liberal destruction of the work ethic.
I am a product of Appalachia and more specific, Liberty, WV. My parents and grandparents were among the poor but choice self worth rather than food stamps. They would be considered the working poor today.
Franklin D. Roosevelt was the savior of WV. CC camps. Food stamps. Entitlement. Until recently, WV is an enigma. They always voted Democrat. All of my family believed in the Democrats. The weird thing is that none of my family agreed with progressive ideas.
Progressive ideology will continue to enslave the minorities with entitlement. Progressives (funny, that denotes progress) will always impede the unification of minorities with others while excusing themselves that they must help their fellow man.
More truth. I was born and raised in WV - coal miner's daughter.

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
You know, I find it interesting how the circles we live and work in influence how each person looks at the issue of racism.

Let's start this off by saying I'm white and a nuclear engineer who makes 6 figures annually. Hmmm...automatically screams "WHITE PRIVILEGE", doesn't it?

Yeah...about that "white privilege"...

Mom and Dad were both born in the early 20's. They raised 5 kids on less than ten grand a year...in fact, it wasn't until about 1980 that they made more than 10 grand a year, and it took both of them working to do it. The youngest of us graduated high school in 1985 (the oldest graduated in 1967). My older brothers remember times when Dad brought home significantly less than five grand a year. Interestingly, there were times when my older brothers made MORE than Dad.

My "white privileged" keister worked 60 to 70 hours a week, plus 3 to 4 odd jobs year round, to put myself through college (full time student load, mind you) and get my EET degree.

My "white privileged" keister went on to serve 20 years in the Navy as a Reactor Operator on submarines, retiring at 41.

My "white privileged" keister went on to be a nuclear engineer at a naval shipyard.

Along the way, I had to deal with all the stuff most everybody else in my place did. Things like qualifying for WIC because my first wife and I were didn't have squat to our names, but still had to provide for our kids. Eventually finding our my first wife was a demon-spawn and working my way through a separation/divorce I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I learned to work my way up in rank, despite some of the worst people I've ever had the displeasure to have worked through.

I've placed my life in the hands of shipmates who were white, black, asian, male, female...just as they trusted theirs with me.

In an engineering division of 80 people at the shipyard, we currently have 7 branch heads, one of which is Filpino and another is a black lady. Without knowing the exact breakdown in gender and race, I'd say that at least 20 are black and 12 are women. Two are Korean (one of which os a lady), one is Punjabi Indian, two who left (one retired, the other moved to the West Coast and got married) were Chinese. One of our lady engineers is from East Africa.

The nuclear mechanics in Shop 51 (who do all the electrical and electronic work) are predominantly black. The head of the nuclear electrical code in the shipyard was a black lady (just retired) and her replacement is black.

My compadres, my children's godparents? They would be 'Rina and 'Rino, short for Madrina and Padrino. Yep, the godmother for all six of my kids is Mexican.

There are darn few people in my very wide circle of friends and co-workers that have any problem discussing racism quite frankly and openly. And not a dang one of us has a problem with each other over the "differences" between us.

SO...what does all this mean?

It means I, for one, am sick and tired of the BS I read and hear from people who play the race card. People who down play my experiences as either trivial or, somehow, irrelevant because I'm white and therefore can't possibly know or understand. People who look at me and assume "white privilege". People who cry all day about racism, equality, and the downtrodden but who seem to have forgotten (or never learned) that BEHAVIOR says more and does more than all the sitting around on their keisters and crying.

Yep...I'm sick and tired of being told, essentially, that despite living and working peacefully and productively, amongst so many different races and cultures of people, my experience doesn't count.

It doesn't count? ISN'T THIS VERY EXISTENCE THE FRICKIN' GOAL?

Racism is a two way street...and you don't overcome it and better peoples lives by acting racist while playing the race card. Examples? OK, I'll toss one or two out there.

"N*gger". Yeah, without a doubt this word devolved into a pretty nasty epithet. It's DEFINATELY not a word used in polite company. BUT...If it's so bad, QUIT FRICKIN' GLORIFYING IT! You cannot, one the one hand, say "you cannot use that word" while on the other hand also say "it's OK if I use that word". That is the epitome of two-faced ignorance to say, as a people, "we want racism and inequality to go away" while at the same time proudly referring to themselves as "poor, worthless people".

Or how about the cultural glorifying and emulating of "gangsta" behavior? There's more two-faced behavior.

History...not only do we have a problem in this country with teaching and learning history in school, we have scads of people growing up (being raised) to interpret history through the billowing smoke screen of burning BS. History, to these people, isn't about actually studying and digging up facts and understanding in context. No, it's about word-of-mouth horse pucky based on misplaced emotional desires to them.

It took this country 90 years from its birth to finally finally end slavery in one of the the bloodiest and most costly wars ever fought between any divided nation in history. 152 years ago, the instition of slavery formally ended. Then began another century of oppression, eventually leading to the Civil Rights Movement. Now THERE was a time in history when great people stood up and did great things!

How I wish Martin Luther King had lived. Where are the ideals he espoused? It seems his "I Have a Dream" speach has become empty words. How many people today have done more than pay superficial lip service to that speech? Where are the prominent black leaders today who are living and preaching that dream? What are they doing to uplift people and actually LEAD them to a better life? How many of them are, in fact, working to KEEP their fellow people firmly under the heel of, and in the control of, government factions who have quite literally enslaved their entire people into political submission?

Well...sorry for the rant. I'll shut up now.
Well......dang.....very well said and true for many...

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
:( @1911Tuner... You yanked some tears on that one. That is how it should be - love for others, regardless.

This Alinksy stuff and division has to end or it will rip us apart as a nation.

Reactions: 1911Tuner

· Invictus
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Here's a little more personal experience.

About 18 years ago, a 14 year-old girl was slipped a dose of the date rape drug at a party, and became pregnant. Although abortion was on the table, she took a page from Rob Roy, saying that it wasn't the child who needed killing. Much to the angst and protests from her friends and family...she had her baby and became another student/mother who struggled to do what she could for her baby daughter.

When the girl was old enough to be told the truth, tears welled up in her eyes and she promised her mother that she'd never do anything to make her regret her decision, and she's kept that promise. She's a twice honor roll student, and will be attending Ohio State University on a sports scholarship. According to all reports, she's been a blessing to her family.

She's biracial, but she doesn't identify with either race. She just smiles and says "I'm just me. Who else can I be?"

She's also my niece's granddaughter. This is her sophomore picture.

We have the same in my family. I don't talk about it much because I get dog piled on here. As a matter of fact, my friend looks, shockingly, like an adult version of her. We joke at how much alike we are and have long conversations about spiritual stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.