Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
"Under current law, people from the Middle East are considered white, the legacy of century-old court rulings in which Syrian Americans argued that they should not be considered Asian — because that designation would deny them citizenship under the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act. But scholars and community leaders say more and more people with their roots in the Middle East find themselves caught between white, black and Asian classifications that don't fully reflect their identities."

Learned something new. I think it is a good plan for Middle Easterns to have a classification.

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
....... if anyone doesn't agree that Obama hasn't set us back in racial tension then I'd say that person is tone deaf in orders of magnitude beyond Bude.
I'm going to disagree. President Obama didn't create the racial tension in this country because racism was here before his term, during his term, and will be here after his term. Welcome to Murica!

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
@fieldgrade said "set us back" not "created" - and hell yes he has.
I read his post, and maybe you are ignoring my point. The racial tension was always there. Blaming President Obama for racist pricks or racial tension is a convenient excuse to redirect blame.

Reactions: Krabba

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
Reactions: RetiredUSNChief

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
Not when he has pushed it every chance he has gotten.
This goes back to my original point. If there was no racism in Murica, President Obama couldn't be accused of pushing anything.

Do you believe racial tension will vanish after Jan 2017?

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
Your point is beside the point. You are just being argumentative. @fieldgrade 's statement did not imply that obama started or is solely responsible for racial tensions existing. His statement of "set us back" means just that, he has helped make them worse than they were before he was in office.
There is nothing argumentative in my point, unless you don't want to acknowledge FACTS. If you want to believe the racial tension was fine, that is your liberty to believe it. It doesn't mean some of us are going to turn the blind eye on reality.

If President Obama really "set us back" in racial tension, then everything will be fine after Jan 20, 2017? Will Murica return to the pre "set us back" level prior to Jan 2009. What was racial tension prior to 2009?

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
People will always operate under some level of prejudice and it cannot be legislated away. It's normal human interaction. People have always had groups and tribes and sects and whatevers.

When it erupts into violence and is sanctioned by big players and elites in an effort to fuel cultural warfare, then you have a problem.

Contrary to the BS in the media and pushed by this lame ass government, it is okay to have an identity of your own. It's okay to be an American with Irish heritage. It's okay to be an American that is proud of African heritage...at the end of the day, we're supposed to all be Americans that respect each others freedoms. That is being done away with.
Again, this goes back to my earlier post. None of the above is nothing new, occurred prior to 2009, will happen in 2017, and beyond.

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
You are still being argumentative and now maybe belligerent. That is a shame, because I have seen some insightful posts from you before, but your comments in this thread just read like trolling.
Again, fieldgrade did not say everything was fine before obama, he did not say everything would be fine after obama. He said obama made the situation worse after becoming president. You keep asserting a valid point, but doing so as though it is an appropriate response or somehow contradicts fieldgrade's comment, but it is neither.
His statement and point were included in the questions I asked you. Did you notice you didn't answer any of the questions from my post? Instead of focusing on feelings, try looking at facts because I'm interested in the why. This isnt a shot at Fieldgrade or anyone else.

If President Obama "set us back" with racial tension, what was the racial tension before his election? Set us back requires a starting point. The comparison can only be prior to 2009, which leads to: What was the racial tension prior to 2009? Was it worse or better?

· Premium Member
7,418 Posts
Tuner, I disagree with that quote from Morgan Freeman. I don't care what the topic is the idea that not discussing it or sweeping it under the rug will make it go away is proven to have just the opposite effect.

And you're right, the problem has always been there it just wasn't current event for those unaffected by it. Anyone in here saying they haven't seen tensions like this or this bad is either or proving the point that "privilege" does exist. Like I've said before that privilege isn't about socioeconomics so much as its about having the ability to live your life insulated from issues of race which affect you. Many of you are under the mistaken assumption that because you weren't having to have the conversation the problem wasn't there. Many of you would like it to go back to that where we can avoid awkward and uncomfortable conversations and play like there's no elephant in the room. Having a black president has forced that conversation not because he wanted to have it but because his election brought out the open bigots and closet racist on all fronts. So anyone trying to blame what was already here on him is full of chit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The truth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.