Carolina Shooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I've read some tone deaf stuff on the internet but this is right near the top. I wasn't alive in the decades I mentioned, but my parents, grandparents and great-grandparents were and their perspectives along with a decent understanding of racial violence, Jim Crow, etc. leads me to believe you are being a prisoner of the moment.
This is my last comment on this. You are a product of your parents and grandparents. They lived under harsh conditions. However they were a family and again, you are a product of those unions.

·
Matthew 26:15
740 Posts
I read his post, and maybe you are ignoring my point. The racial tension was always there. Blaming President Obama for racist pricks or racial tension is a convenient excuse to redirect blame.
Your point is beside the point. You are just being argumentative. @fieldgrade 's statement did not imply that obama started or is solely responsible for racial tensions existing. His statement of "set us back" means just that, he has helped make them worse than they were before he was in office.

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
Your point is beside the point. You are just being argumentative. @fieldgrade 's statement did not imply that obama started or is solely responsible for racial tensions existing. His statement of "set us back" means just that, he has helped make them worse than they were before he was in office.
There is nothing argumentative in my point, unless you don't want to acknowledge FACTS. If you want to believe the racial tension was fine, that is your liberty to believe it. It doesn't mean some of us are going to turn the blind eye on reality.

If President Obama really "set us back" in racial tension, then everything will be fine after Jan 20, 2017? Will Murica return to the pre "set us back" level prior to Jan 2009. What was racial tension prior to 2009?

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
People will always operate under some level of prejudice and it cannot be legislated away. It's normal human interaction. People have always had groups and tribes and sects and whatevers.

When it erupts into violence and is sanctioned by big players and elites in an effort to fuel cultural warfare, then you have a problem.

Contrary to the BS in the media and pushed by this lame ass government, it is okay to have an identity of your own. It's okay to be an American with Irish heritage. It's okay to be an American that is proud of African heritage...at the end of the day, we're supposed to all be Americans that respect each others freedoms. That is being done away with.
Again, this goes back to my earlier post. None of the above is nothing new, occurred prior to 2009, will happen in 2017, and beyond.

·
Matthew 26:15
740 Posts
There is nothing argumentative in my point, unless you don't want acknowledge FACTS. If you want to believe the racial tension was find, that is your liberty to believe it. It doesn't mean some of us are going to turn the blind eye on reality.

If President Obama really "set us back" in racial tension, then everything will be fine after Jan 20, 2017? Will Murica return to the pre "set us back" level prior to Jan 2009. What was racial tension prior to 2009?
You are still being argumentative and now maybe belligerent. That is a shame, because I have seen some insightful posts from you before, but your comments in this thread just read like trolling.
Again, fieldgrade did not say everything was fine before obama, he did not say everything would be fine after obama. He said obama made the situation worse after becoming president. You keep asserting a valid point, but doing so as though it is an appropriate response or somehow contradicts fieldgrade's comment, but it is neither.

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
You are still being argumentative and now maybe belligerent. That is a shame, because I have seen some insightful posts from you before, but your comments in this thread just read like trolling.
Again, fieldgrade did not say everything was fine before obama, he did not say everything would be fine after obama. He said obama made the situation worse after becoming president. You keep asserting a valid point, but doing so as though it is an appropriate response or somehow contradicts fieldgrade's comment, but it is neither.
His statement and point were included in the questions I asked you. Did you notice you didn't answer any of the questions from my post? Instead of focusing on feelings, try looking at facts because I'm interested in the why. This isnt a shot at Fieldgrade or anyone else.

If President Obama "set us back" with racial tension, what was the racial tension before his election? Set us back requires a starting point. The comparison can only be prior to 2009, which leads to: What was the racial tension prior to 2009? Was it worse or better?

·
Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Obama made things worse because he continuously weighed in on / associated himself with race matters from Gates to Trayvon to Brown to BLM... His behavior was that of a social justice warrior and community organizer. He didn't act like a president that was trying to heal race relations, encourage unity, and move forward. He had a habit of looking backward and picking at scabs.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
In my lifetime I do not recall a time when racial tension has ever been as high as it is now. I'm 35.
Same here, I'm 58 and grew up in Atlanta.

·
Staff
4,665 Posts
Yes, racial tensions have always been there...bubbling just under the surface...but they hadn't been at a boiling point until the shooting of Trayon Martin and Michael Brown.

Trayvon's killing could have been avoided, but once he launched into his blitz attack, it became a separate incident with a whole new set of rules.

Michael Brown's killing is a completely different ball game. For the record, I'd have shot him too under the same circumstances. A 6'4-inch 300-pound male doesn't have to be armed in order to be lethal...especially a male with all the wisdom and self-control of an 18 year-old. He got exactly what he asked for.

Barack Obama had the opportunity to quell the trouble that was brewing before it exploded...but he didn't do that. Instead, he stuck his nose and his 2 cents worth and his justice department in the middle of what was rightly a state concern, and threw gas on the smoldering fire...and that's where all this trouble began.

And look what it's led to.

He could have held a press conference to call for quiet...to allow the legal process to work...but he didn't do that. He stirred the hornet's nest instead.

And he knew that's what he was doing...and he knew what would happen...and I believe in my heart that he was hoping beyond hope that it would lead to widespread unrest on a level that would give him an excuse to declare Martial Law.

And at the bottom of his eleventh hour, he continues to agitate it by claiming that Trump was elected because ****** hates him.

Always about him, and always about race. Right?

And his useful idiots swallow it.

"If you want to put an end to the race problem, stop talking about it."

-Morgan Freeman-

January 20th can't get here fast enough.

·
Registered
625 Posts
When I was raised in the South in the 60's and 70's, I don't remember any talk of race. I VIVIDLY remember our distaste for YANKEES. In the late 1990's, we had already had two decades of black successes. Top in the fields of Television, Music, Sports and literature were blacks. I didn't think twice about a friend in the computer industry being black. They were smart and we spoke of technical things. I remember my friend and I going to the pound every single day at lunch looking for dogs to adopt.

No this is a funny true story...

Thel and I would go to the Charlotte pound out by the airport almost every day at lunch to look at dogs. I remember that he found his first. In the pen were about four Cocker Spaniels. I thought it strange that they were maroon in color but the sign said, 'cocker spaniel puppies'. Thels wife wanted a cocker spaniel. So he arranged to adopt one of the puppies.

Fast forward a few years and the company we had worked for closed and we hadn;t seen each other in a while when we bumped into each other and he suggested I stop by. I said that would be great cause i'd like to see his dog. The dogs name was Sandy. I just remembered. Sandy was our old bosses name. So I get to his house and he say, "come on out back and you can see Sandy."

We walk around back and there is a large dog pen with a good sized dog house in it. Thel opens the gate and out bounds this happy dog that proceeds to stand on it's hind legs and lick Thel in the face...

Haha, that cocker spaniel was an Irish Setter!

·
Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yes, racial tensions have always been there...bubbling just under the surface...but they hadn't been at a boiling point until the shooting of Trayon Martin and Michael Brown.

Trayvon's killing could have been avoided, but once he launched into his blitz attack, it became a separate incident with a whole new set of rules.

Michael Brown's killing is a completely different ball game. For the record, I'd have shot him too under the same circumstances. A 6'4-inch 300-pound male doesn't have to be armed in order to be lethal...especially a male with all the wisdom and self-control of an 18 year-old. He got exactly what he asked for.

Barack Obama had the opportunity to quell the trouble that was brewing before it exploded...but he didn't do that. Instead, he stuck his nose and his 2 cents worth and his justice department in the middle of what was rightly a state concern, and threw gas on the smoldering fire...and that's where all this trouble began.

And look what it's led to.

He could have held a press conference to call for quiet...to allow the legal process to work...but he didn't do that. He stirred the hornet's nest instead.

And he knew that's what he was doing...and he knew what would happen...and I believe in my heart that he was hoping beyond hope that it would lead to widespread unrest on a level that would give him an excuse to declare Martial Law.

And at the bottom of his eleventh hour, he continues to agitate it by claiming that Trump was elected because ****** hates him.

Always about him, and always about race. Right?

And his useful idiots swallow it.

"If you want to put an end to the race problem, stop talking about it."

-Morgan Freeman-

January 20th can't get here fast enough.
Perfect

Reactions: pikepole20

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
There is nothing argumentative in my point, unless you don't want acknowledge FACTS. If you want to believe the racial tension was find, that is your liberty to believe it. It doesn't mean some of us are going to turn the blind eye on reality.

Well, I for one would not pin it all on the Prez. His comrades such as Mr Soros surely contributed to the effort. And yes, it will get better without idiots like the Prez and his lackey AG's giving racist speeches everytimes a person of color gets a boo boo. But you can't flip a switch on 8 years of preaching and propaganda. Things take time. We did not get here over night.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts

·
Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Well, I for one would not pin it all on the Prez. His comrades such as Mr Soros surely contributed to the effort. And yes, it will get better without idiots like the Prez and his lackey AG's giving racist speeches everytimes a person of color gets a boo boo. But you can't flip a switch on 8 years of preaching and propaganda. Things take time. We did not get here over night.
We have had a generation raised under Obama who haven't had the experience of previous generations and who truly believe the race and "white privilege" bull.

·
Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I still don't understand why we allowed a man that nearly crashed the Bank of England to take up residence in the U.S. and stir the pot.

·
Staff
4,665 Posts
Well, I for one would not pin it all on the Prez. His comrades such as Mr Soros surely contributed to the effort.
Yes, but Obama was the front man. The voice that spoke. The "leader" who
held press conferences to honor a thug who was shot while attacking a police officer and to tell us to get off our high horse when an American journalist is beheaded by muslim barbarians...but remains silent when police officers are ambushed and murdered on the streets of America...and we all know that silence is consent.

The first black president that could have actually made things better. Instead, he chose to drive the wedge deeper and fan the flames higher and hotter.

He hasn't divided this country. He's fractured it...and it will take years to heal the rifts that he created.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.