Obama is utterly transfixed by race | Page 3 | Carolina Shooters Club

Obama is utterly transfixed by race

Discussion in 'Politics Section' started by Tomb Raider, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider Invictus Club Subscribed

Yeah, and there are also "mean girls."

CardiacColt68 likes this.
  2. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

I don't believe I said he wasn't entitled to his opinion, nor did I say his opinion was invalid. What I did say is he is being a prisoner to the present times. That would be my opinion which is of course supported by history.

I definitely agree that Obama has set us back in terms of heightened racial tensions. I mean, the nerve of him being and staying black!

3. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

I'm not at all sure what your point is but it doesn't seem related to this thread. That being your last comment makes sense.

4. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

You've missed the point, likely on purpose. We were talking about racial tension today vs. decades ago. Actually, I think you made my point.

LOL... me thinks you don't understand what "systemic" means. Let's look at a SINGLE systemic issue... how and why do you think black ghettos were created in America?

I'm familiar. The story of the Irish doesn't at all compare to the story of black Americans, but thanks for trying that one... again.

Move forward and improve things with a bigot who inflamed other bigots to con tens of millions of Americans? I'm just going to go ahead and call this what it was... PHOTO OP.

5. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

He weighed in on those incidents because he was asked to weigh in on them unlike any past president in these United States since the Civil rights movement. You're a smart person so you know us like I know that as President he doesn't get to decline those questions nor ignore the situations. I see you're back to your old job of stirring the racial pot. Whether you choose to accept it or not, the very thing you accuse Obama of you have done right here on this very forum. So which one are you....the Pot or the Kettle?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6. Wahoo95

Tuner, I disagree with that quote from Morgan Freeman. I don't care what the topic is the idea that not discussing it or sweeping it under the rug will make it go away is proven to have just the opposite effect.

And you're right, the problem has always been there it just wasn't current event for those unaffected by it. Anyone in here saying they haven't seen tensions like this or this bad is either lying or proving the point that "privilege" does exist. Like I've said before that privilege isn't about socioeconomics so much as its about having the ability to live your life insulated from issues of race which affect you. Many of you are under the mistaken assumption that because you weren't having to have the conversation the problem wasn't there. Many of you would like it to go back to that where we can avoid awkward and uncomfortable conversations and play like there's no elephant in the room. Having a black president has forced that conversation not because he wanted to have it but because his election brought out the open bigots and closet racist on all fronts. So anyone trying to blame what was already here on him is full of chit.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  7. Mr. Warren Peace

Mr. Warren Peace U. S. Military Club Subscribed

The truth.

8. colt1911NC

colt1911NC Registered Member

Obama.....Bitter, petulant, churlish little girlie man. Good riddance.

pikepole20 and Tomb Raider like this.
  9. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

Oh no sir, this is an entirely NEW job solely devoted to keeping this place alive.

[​IMG]

10. 1911Tuner

1911Tuner Staff

And I'll have do agree to disagree. He also said:

"You stop calling me a black man and I'll stop calling you a white man."

I was there in the 50s and 60s. I saw it. I went to school with black kids. We never thought of them as "The black guys" and they never thought of us as "The white kids." We were just kids all the way through high school. When I happen to bump into one of them these days, it's always a happy reunion, with handshakes and hugs and reliving old stories.

There were no racial slurs from either side...ever. When a boy who was transplanted from another state used "The word" we sorted him out pronto. They were our friends and our classmates and our teammates. We ran together and we played together, and sometimes...like all kids...we fought, and the next day all was well again.

And to top if off...I was raised by a racist. It didn't stick. I never saw things the way he did on that subject. I've never hated anybody because of what they are. You have to earn my hate and disrespect because of what you do.

I also saw the racism in the 60s, and I saw how ugly it was...and I've never seen anything like the things that are happening today...and most of it is coming from the very people who accuse me of being racist because of what I am...and most of that comes from the younger blacks...and I blame that on the people in the spotlight encouraging them. The Sharptons and the Jacksons...and Obama...and I guess that was simmering just under the surface all along, too. It couldn't have taken root otherwise.

So, I'll take a page from Freeman's advice. If we stop thinking of each other as black and white, there won't be any black vs white. I'll treat everybody with the same respect and the same level of dignity unless and until they decide otherwise.

David Perkins, Winn10, JimP42 and 3 others like this.
  11. Oldguy

Oldguy Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Actually Wahoo, he does get to decline those questions if he chooses. It's simply a matter of saying "those questions are better answered at the local level." If he had not chosen to answer regarding Martin or Brown, two very questionable and one "for sure" scumbag, he would not be looked at as a race baiter and divisionist. If you're going to put your nuts out there to be possibly stepped on, you don't do it over two subjects seen as criminals who got what they asked for. So yes, he either used ignorantly bad judgment or did it intentionally. Either way, it made race matters worse.

JimP42, 1911Tuner and Tomb Raider like this.
  12. Tomb Raider

I am not "stirring" a thing. Obama made the comment.

Quite frankly, I am tired of hearing about "white privilege" and seeing an entire race maligned for accusations that are, at best, merely allusary and expected to step aside and share in the guilt of those whom they bear only melanin resemblance. All this while many look to the past rather than the future, divided on victimhood rather than united by hope...

We should all be able to feel proud of our collective accomplishments without having them divided by ethnicity, religion, etc... We are supposed to be Americans - not Italian Americans, African Americans, Muslim Americans...

The bizarre thing is that excuses and special treatment are not borne out of unity. Living in the past allows people to nurse others' hurts and explain away their own by living in the past.

Wahoo, I will not apologize anymore. It is time for everyone to work together. Black America has had a president and a multitude of other representatives in high places. So, what you falsely consider racism is pragmatism wrapped in friendship. Live in the present and future dude. I am over it. Choose to nurse wounds (real or imagined) or move forward.

13. Wahoo95

Oh yes you do keep it stirred. You really are a mirror image of ole Al and Jessie and whats sad is you really don't see it. Your constant bitchin and moaning about race issues are exactly what they do yet you believe that makes you different. Maybe one day you'll buy a mirror and spend some time gazing in it to see how much your resemble the very thing you say you dislike.

Mr. Warren Peace and Krabba like this.
  14. Tomb Raider

As I said, I have nothing to apologize for and won't. There is one race made by our Creator - human. Melanin doesn't count. What is inside does. Live life from the inside out Wahoo. I don't care if you are avocado, chartruse, pomegranate, cornflower blue... Souls don't have melanin. It is time for the division, navel gazing, and blame to stop.

RetiredUSNChief and 12151791 like this.
  15. Wahoo95

You say you don't care and applaud Tuner's use of Freeman' quote yet your very existence here has shown the opposite. Your actions trump your words over and over so it doesn't change who you are. You really have some nerve coming here and starting a thread about Obama being fixated on race when it's all you bring to this forum. You have some nerve kicking the racial pot stirrers when you do the same thing. For years I've come to this forum to discuss a myriad of topics but never has the forum become so racially focused till you made your presence known so please spare us your attempts to piss down our legs and tell us it's raining. You'd make a great recruiter for the boys in the white robes because you're great at getting people fired up over a topic that you say should be a none issue, and at getting other white folks to join in on your racial bitchin sessions. Trust me I'm not alone in my feelings on this so you really should heed my advice and spend some time with that reflection in the mirror.

16. Tomb Raider

Hmmmmmm.... Interesting....

My guess is that there are long dead Irish in this nation's history who had a much worse experience than you could ever possibly imagine. Yet, you lay claim to being a part of the Black experience because you have darker skin while demeaning the Irish experience as not comparable. Why is that? Will the Irish experience take away from the Black experience? Will it mean that the true story is more nuanced than the nicely-packaged story which feeds victimhood and rabble rousing?

History is so very important. Also viewing history through the eyes of individuals rather than collectives is too. Unfortunately, we have a propensity to look at history through collectives. This allows some contemporary Americans to utilize these historical references to lay claim to persecution or its lasting effects while excoriating others for persecuting or bearing resemblance to historical persecutors. It gives fuel to the fire of stupidity and acts of violence.

Now, let me be crystal clear. I am in no way stating that racism is not real. But, nowadays, it is more individual than collective, or institutionalized if you will. We need to understand that it emanates from all races and walks of life because people are, unfortunately, tribal by nature...and that isn't right by the way.

Yes, you can lay hold of the "white privilege" meme. However, that conveniently, but ignorantly, dispenses with nuance. It doesn't explain the poor people in Appalachia who can't get a break. It doesn't explain the success of people like Ben Carson.

As I said above, you need to live life from the inside out. Your soul does not have melanin and you won't be able to say to the good Lord, "But, but, I was black" when He hung on the cross to redeem everyone from all our b.s. - racism included.

17. Wahoo95

Yes the experience was difference. For someone who claims to study history how can you gloss over the part where the Irish were made the wealthy elites bitches and used to keep the blacks and brown in check. Why do you think the first police departments were Irish workers and they still have a huge presence today? You talk about privilege like it doesn't exist when overlooking the fact that it's one of the key things that changed the outcome for the Irish in this country. Gimme a break with your whining.

And it makes it worse when you use people like Ben Carson as an example. He's a brilliant man but nothing is an absolute so to point out a few exceptions doesn't mean there aren't things to overcome. There's always exceptions and exceptional people in any group.

Mr. Warren Peace and Krabba like this.
  18. Wahoo95

Tuner, you're making the mistake of making your personal experience something broader than just that....a personal experience. One of the biggest problems I've noticed when discussing race with white people is they are co Stanly defending the fact that they aren't racist (which they shouldn't have to do) yet they'll remain silent when cases come up where there was some blatant racism at work. See, that's why I say not taking about it doesn't make it go away. Any married man will tell you that simply ignoring your wife's complaints or desire to have a difficult conversation will not make the problem go away.

19. Tomb Raider

So, you have it worse than Irish slaves. Gotcha! ;)

Ben Carson is an inconvenient anomaly... So is Loretta Lynch, Barack Obama, Jeh Johnson, etc... etc... etc...

Give it up Wahoo. Mankind cannot overcome it's in-humanity. That's why we need a Savior. My soul is colorless and so is yours. Life life from the inside and look to the future dude.

20. JimP42

JimP42 Bitter Clinger Club Subscribed

Are you really that oblivious to reality and plain words? When O and his appointees and the media constantly berate and blame innocent people for the failings of those that the gov intentionally made into clueless helpless dependents, those blamed get a little defensive. We aren't keeping anyone down or holding anyone back. To the extent that is actually happening, blame the too big for our own good gov - destroying the family, the work ethic, pride in accomplishment, decent morals, unborn (mostly black) babies, and on and on.

The rest of us want nothing more than for _everyone_ to succeed, because only progressives think that this is a zero sum game and that winners require losers.

Stop blaming Tomb Raider or anyone else for pointing out that the house has been set on fire by the left and that they are throwing gas on it as we speak. The progressives are _using_ you for their profit and power, they gain from your discontent (and poverty, although not you individually) not your success. They don't actually give a damn about anyone or anything but themselves (the ones in power, there are lots of deluded useful idiots out there unfortunately).

She isn't attacking a race - she is attacking the progressive worldview and the tactic of intentional racial division that it uses to gain power (not just racial division of course).

Trump will be president not because of (white) racism, but because normal people are sick and tired of the lies and blame of the left that they thought they could throw around with impunity. Listen - you might learn something. Maybe your worldview isn't perfectly accurate and needs revising. If you can defend how O has handled the topic of race in the last 8 years, you will convince nobody to change their mind because you have proved yourself bought into the progressive lies and therefore completely not credible.

dbracin likes this.
  21. Red Cent

Red Cent Vendor Vendor

McLeansville, NC by way of WV SASS #29170L
    "President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home."
    "But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/harvard.gates.interview/
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Very, very big spoon.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In my opinion, Obama has "rubbed off" on those in office and the trickle down effect is blatantly evident in cities like New York, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, and a few other cities that have gained notoriety of being the most crime ridden areas in the United States. Progressives? Yes. Black? Yes. At least those in office and are responsible for intentional neglect that is reducing black America to subjects who have no hope, no recognizable future, and live for the moment. The black poverty rate increased in the eight years of hope and change. Black unemployment stayed the same. Median income fell. An interesting point: Testing of black school kids peaked in 2008 and did not enjoy the past success in the next eight years. Even more interesting is the fact that urban centers show more disappointing gains in testing.
    Obama willfully and intentionally accelerated willful entitlement. I am 76 years old and I was appalled to see that Obama was giving federal grants to cities to increase the number to be dependent on food stamps. I can recognize that some were rightly informed but the number added nationally is liberal destruction of the work ethic.
    I am a product of Appalachia and more specific, Liberty, WV. My parents and grandparents were among the poor but choice self worth rather than food stamps. They would be considered the working poor today.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt was the savior of WV. CC camps. Food stamps. Entitlement. Until recently, WV is an enigma. They always voted Democrat. All of my family believed in the Democrats. The weird thing is that none of my family agreed with progressive ideas.
    Progressive ideology will continue to enslave the minorities with entitlement. Progressives (funny, that denotes progress) will always impede the unification of minorities with others while excusing themselves that they must help their fellow man.

22. Red Cent

Red Cent Vendor Vendor

JimP42, I swear I just now saw your post. Really.

23. Tomb Raider

Thank you. 100 percent truth...

24. Tomb Raider

More truth. I was born and raised in WV - coal miner's daughter.

25. JimP42

We were probably typing at the same time. Mine was on a phone so it took a while :)

26. Wahoo95

Everyone likes to talk about the failing of the black community and how you're tired of anyone placing blame on it outside of the community itself. Could anyone of you intelligent individuals please tell me how the black ghettos in the US came to be? I ask that question since it also holds all the other factors that have come as a result. Let's have a real discussion on this since you guys are always such whiners about not wanting to hear the whining. This is an important question because it's the key to why the whiners keep whining and the anti whiners are tone deaf to the wine.

Who's first?

27. Red Cent

Red Cent Vendor Vendor

28. JimP42

What was the trend before the civil rights movement?
    What was it after?
    What was it after the "war on poverty"?
    Track the rise and the fall of the black middle class and try to figure out why that happened.

Further, why is that relevant? History is exactly that. We can learn from it, we can't undo it. We are a nation of individuals not groups. There is no reason that an Appalachian coal miners kid whose dad was uneducated and barely scraping by should have any less (or more) favorable treatment than the kid of an uneducated mom scraping by in Chicago. We all start somewhere, the the somewheres are all different. There is no "fair", there is only what you make of what yourself. (Or that's the way it should be.)

Let's be clear (again, because I think I was clear before): I am blaming the liberals, many black "leaders", and now progressives (a mild word for Alinsky radicals) primarily but there is some culpability for following them certainly.

Calling us whiners for objecting to the _president_ tacitly encouraging rioting and attacks on the police shows once again why you have no credibility with anyone not in your bubble.

29. Tomb Raider

Why don't you tell us.

30. 1911Tuner

1911Tuner Staff

And my personal experience is long and wide. It encompasses much more than school days.

I think that a lot of that comes from the assumption that we are...based on nothing more the fact that we're of Anglo Saxon descent. And it is automatically assumed much, if not most of the time.

I'm not black...therefore I must be at least prejudiced if not outright racist. Right?

Is that not racism? Or is it just that the accusation only flows in one direction?

Later...maybe in the wee hours tomorrow...I'll tell the story of my earliest experience with a lady named Lucille.