Carolina Shooters Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

· Vendor
1,940 Posts
"President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home."
"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/harvard.gates.interview/
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Very, very big spoon.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In my opinion, Obama has "rubbed off" on those in office and the trickle down effect is blatantly evident in cities like New York, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, and a few other cities that have gained notoriety of being the most crime ridden areas in the United States. Progressives? Yes. Black? Yes. At least those in office and are responsible for intentional neglect that is reducing black America to subjects who have no hope, no recognizable future, and live for the moment. The black poverty rate increased in the eight years of hope and change. Black unemployment stayed the same. Median income fell. An interesting point: Testing of black school kids peaked in 2008 and did not enjoy the past success in the next eight years. Even more interesting is the fact that urban centers show more disappointing gains in testing.
Obama willfully and intentionally accelerated willful entitlement. I am 76 years old and I was appalled to see that Obama was giving federal grants to cities to increase the number to be dependent on food stamps. I can recognize that some were rightly informed but the number added nationally is liberal destruction of the work ethic.
I am a product of Appalachia and more specific, Liberty, WV. My parents and grandparents were among the poor but choice self worth rather than food stamps. They would be considered the working poor today.
Franklin D. Roosevelt was the savior of WV. CC camps. Food stamps. Entitlement. Until recently, WV is an enigma. They always voted Democrat. All of my family believed in the Democrats. The weird thing is that none of my family agreed with progressive ideas.
Progressive ideology will continue to enslave the minorities with entitlement. Progressives (funny, that denotes progress) will always impede the unification of minorities with others while excusing themselves that they must help their fellow man.

· Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Are you really that oblivious to reality and plain words? When O and his appointees and the media constantly berate and blame innocent people for the failings of those that the gov intentionally made into clueless helpless dependents, those blamed get a little defensive. We aren't keeping anyone down or holding anyone back. To the extent that is actually happening, blame the too big for our own good gov - destroying the family, the work ethic, pride in accomplishment, decent morals, unborn (mostly black) babies, and on and on.

The rest of us want nothing more than for _everyone_ to succeed, because only progressives think that this is a zero sum game and that winners require losers.

Stop blaming Tomb Raider or anyone else for pointing out that the house has been set on fire by the left and that they are throwing gas on it as we speak. The progressives are _using_ you for their profit and power, they gain from your discontent (and poverty, although not you individually) not your success. They don't actually give a damn about anyone or anything but themselves (the ones in power, there are lots of deluded useful idiots out there unfortunately).

She isn't attacking a race - she is attacking the progressive worldview and the tactic of intentional racial division that it uses to gain power (not just racial division of course).

Trump will be president not because of (white) racism, but because normal people are sick and tired of the lies and blame of the left that they thought they could throw around with impunity. Listen - you might learn something. Maybe your worldview isn't perfectly accurate and needs revising. If you can defend how O has handled the topic of race in the last 8 years, you will convince nobody to change their mind because you have proved yourself bought into the progressive lies and therefore completely not credible.
Thank you. 100 percent truth...

· Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
"President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home."
"But I think it's fair to say, No. 1, any of us would be pretty angry; No. 2, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, No. 3 ... that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately."

The incident, Obama said, shows "how race remains a factor in this society."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/22/harvard.gates.interview/
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Very, very big spoon.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In my opinion, Obama has "rubbed off" on those in office and the trickle down effect is blatantly evident in cities like New York, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, and a few other cities that have gained notoriety of being the most crime ridden areas in the United States. Progressives? Yes. Black? Yes. At least those in office and are responsible for intentional neglect that is reducing black America to subjects who have no hope, no recognizable future, and live for the moment. The black poverty rate increased in the eight years of hope and change. Black unemployment stayed the same. Median income fell. An interesting point: Testing of black school kids peaked in 2008 and did not enjoy the past success in the next eight years. Even more interesting is the fact that urban centers show more disappointing gains in testing.
Obama willfully and intentionally accelerated willful entitlement. I am 76 years old and I was appalled to see that Obama was giving federal grants to cities to increase the number to be dependent on food stamps. I can recognize that some were rightly informed but the number added nationally is liberal destruction of the work ethic.
I am a product of Appalachia and more specific, Liberty, WV. My parents and grandparents were among the poor but choice self worth rather than food stamps. They would be considered the working poor today.
Franklin D. Roosevelt was the savior of WV. CC camps. Food stamps. Entitlement. Until recently, WV is an enigma. They always voted Democrat. All of my family believed in the Democrats. The weird thing is that none of my family agreed with progressive ideas.
Progressive ideology will continue to enslave the minorities with entitlement. Progressives (funny, that denotes progress) will always impede the unification of minorities with others while excusing themselves that they must help their fellow man.
More truth. I was born and raised in WV - coal miner's daughter.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
Everyone likes to talk about the failing of the black community and how you're tired of anyone placing blame on it outside of the community itself. Could anyone of you intelligent individuals please tell me how the black ghettos in the US came to be? I ask that question since it also holds all the other factors that have come as a result. Let's have a real discussion on this since you guys are always such whiners about not wanting to hear the whining. This is an important question because it's the key to why the whiners keep whining and the anti whiners are tone deaf to the wine.

Who's first?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Bitter Clinger
1,311 Posts
Everyone likes to talk about the failing of the black community and how you're tired of anyone placing blame on it outside of the community itself. Could anyone of you intelligent individuals please tell me how the black ghettos in the US came to be? I ask that question since it also holds all the other factors that have come as a result. Let's have a real discussion on this since you guys are always such whiners about not wanting to hear the whining. This is an important question because it's the key to why the whiners keep whining and the anti whiners are tone deaf to the wine.

Who's first?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
What was the trend before the civil rights movement?
What was it after?
What was it after the "war on poverty"?
Track the rise and the fall of the black middle class and try to figure out why that happened.

Further, why is that relevant? History is exactly that. We can learn from it, we can't undo it. We are a nation of individuals not groups. There is no reason that an Appalachian coal miners kid whose dad was uneducated and barely scraping by should have any less (or more) favorable treatment than the kid of an uneducated mom scraping by in Chicago. We all start somewhere, the the somewheres are all different. There is no "fair", there is only what you make of what yourself. (Or that's the way it should be.)

Let's be clear (again, because I think I was clear before): I am blaming the liberals, many black "leaders", and now progressives (a mild word for Alinsky radicals) primarily but there is some culpability for following them certainly.

Calling us whiners for objecting to the _president_ tacitly encouraging rioting and attacks on the police shows once again why you have no credibility with anyone not in your bubble.

· Staff
4,665 Posts
Tuner, you're making the mistake of making your personal experience something broader than just that....a personal experience.
And my personal experience is long and wide. It encompasses much more than school days.

I've noticed when discussing race with white people is they are co Stanly defending the fact that they aren't racist
I think that a lot of that comes from the assumption that we are...based on nothing more the fact that we're of Anglo Saxon descent. And it is automatically assumed much, if not most of the time.

I'm not black...therefore I must be at least prejudiced if not outright racist. Right?

Is that not racism? Or is it just that the accusation only flows in one direction?

Later...maybe in the wee hours tomorrow...I'll tell the story of my earliest experience with a lady named Lucille.

· Premium Member
5,016 Posts
You know, I find it interesting how the circles we live and work in influence how each person looks at the issue of racism.

Let's start this off by saying I'm white and a nuclear engineer who makes 6 figures annually. Hmmm...automatically screams "WHITE PRIVILEGE", doesn't it?

Yeah...about that "white privilege"...

Mom and Dad were both born in the early 20's. They raised 5 kids on less than ten grand a year...in fact, it wasn't until about 1980 that they made more than 10 grand a year, and it took both of them working to do it. The youngest of us graduated high school in 1985 (the oldest graduated in 1967). My older brothers remember times when Dad brought home significantly less than five grand a year. Interestingly, there were times when my older brothers made MORE than Dad.

My "white privileged" keister worked 60 to 70 hours a week, plus 3 to 4 odd jobs year round, to put myself through college (full time student load, mind you) and get my EET degree.

My "white privileged" keister went on to serve 20 years in the Navy as a Reactor Operator on submarines, retiring at 41.

My "white privileged" keister went on to be a nuclear engineer at a naval shipyard.

Along the way, I had to deal with all the stuff most everybody else in my place did. Things like qualifying for WIC because my first wife and I were didn't have squat to our names, but still had to provide for our kids. Eventually finding our my first wife was a demon-spawn and working my way through a separation/divorce I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I learned to work my way up in rank, despite some of the worst people I've ever had the displeasure to have worked through.

I've placed my life in the hands of shipmates who were white, black, asian, male, female...just as they trusted theirs with me.

In an engineering division of 80 people at the shipyard, we currently have 7 branch heads, one of which is Filpino and another is a black lady. Without knowing the exact breakdown in gender and race, I'd say that at least 20 are black and 12 are women. Two are Korean (one of which os a lady), one is Punjabi Indian, two who left (one retired, the other moved to the West Coast and got married) were Chinese. One of our lady engineers is from East Africa.

The nuclear mechanics in Shop 51 (who do all the electrical and electronic work) are predominantly black. The head of the nuclear electrical code in the shipyard was a black lady (just retired) and her replacement is black.

My compadres, my children's godparents? They would be 'Rina and 'Rino, short for Madrina and Padrino. Yep, the godmother for all six of my kids is Mexican.

There are darn few people in my very wide circle of friends and co-workers that have any problem discussing racism quite frankly and openly. And not a dang one of us has a problem with each other over the "differences" between us.

SO...what does all this mean?

It means I, for one, am sick and tired of the BS I read and hear from people who play the race card. People who down play my experiences as either trivial or, somehow, irrelevant because I'm white and therefore can't possibly know or understand. People who look at me and assume "white privilege". People who cry all day about racism, equality, and the downtrodden but who seem to have forgotten (or never learned) that BEHAVIOR says more and does more than all the sitting around on their keisters and crying.

Yep...I'm sick and tired of being told, essentially, that despite living and working peacefully and productively, amongst so many different races and cultures of people, my experience doesn't count.

It doesn't count? ISN'T THIS VERY EXISTENCE THE FRICKIN' GOAL?

Racism is a two way street...and you don't overcome it and better peoples lives by acting racist while playing the race card. Examples? OK, I'll toss one or two out there.

"N*gger". Yeah, without a doubt this word devolved into a pretty nasty epithet. It's DEFINATELY not a word used in polite company. BUT...If it's so bad, QUIT FRICKIN' GLORIFYING IT! You cannot, one the one hand, say "you cannot use that word" while on the other hand also say "it's OK if I use that word". That is the epitome of two-faced ignorance to say, as a people, "we want racism and inequality to go away" while at the same time proudly referring to themselves as "poor, worthless people".

Or how about the cultural glorifying and emulating of "gangsta" behavior? There's more two-faced behavior.

History...not only do we have a problem in this country with teaching and learning history in school, we have scads of people growing up (being raised) to interpret history through the billowing smoke screen of burning BS. History, to these people, isn't about actually studying and digging up facts and understanding in context. No, it's about word-of-mouth horse pucky based on misplaced emotional desires to them.

It took this country 90 years from its birth to finally finally end slavery in one of the the bloodiest and most costly wars ever fought between any divided nation in history. 152 years ago, the instition of slavery formally ended. Then began another century of oppression, eventually leading to the Civil Rights Movement. Now THERE was a time in history when great people stood up and did great things!

How I wish Martin Luther King had lived. Where are the ideals he espoused? It seems his "I Have a Dream" speach has become empty words. How many people today have done more than pay superficial lip service to that speech? Where are the prominent black leaders today who are living and preaching that dream? What are they doing to uplift people and actually LEAD them to a better life? How many of them are, in fact, working to KEEP their fellow people firmly under the heel of, and in the control of, government factions who have quite literally enslaved their entire people into political submission?

Well...sorry for the rant. I'll shut up now.

· Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
You know, I find it interesting how the circles we live and work in influence how each person looks at the issue of racism.

Let's start this off by saying I'm white and a nuclear engineer who makes 6 figures annually. Hmmm...automatically screams "WHITE PRIVILEGE", doesn't it?

Yeah...about that "white privilege"...

Mom and Dad were both born in the early 20's. They raised 5 kids on less than ten grand a year...in fact, it wasn't until about 1980 that they made more than 10 grand a year, and it took both of them working to do it. The youngest of us graduated high school in 1985 (the oldest graduated in 1967). My older brothers remember times when Dad brought home significantly less than five grand a year. Interestingly, there were times when my older brothers made MORE than Dad.

My "white privileged" keister worked 60 to 70 hours a week, plus 3 to 4 odd jobs year round, to put myself through college (full time student load, mind you) and get my EET degree.

My "white privileged" keister went on to serve 20 years in the Navy as a Reactor Operator on submarines, retiring at 41.

My "white privileged" keister went on to be a nuclear engineer at a naval shipyard.

Along the way, I had to deal with all the stuff most everybody else in my place did. Things like qualifying for WIC because my first wife and I were didn't have squat to our names, but still had to provide for our kids. Eventually finding our my first wife was a demon-spawn and working my way through a separation/divorce I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I learned to work my way up in rank, despite some of the worst people I've ever had the displeasure to have worked through.

I've placed my life in the hands of shipmates who were white, black, asian, male, female...just as they trusted theirs with me.

In an engineering division of 80 people at the shipyard, we currently have 7 branch heads, one of which is Filpino and another is a black lady. Without knowing the exact breakdown in gender and race, I'd say that at least 20 are black and 12 are women. Two are Korean (one of which os a lady), one is Punjabi Indian, two who left (one retired, the other moved to the West Coast and got married) were Chinese. One of our lady engineers is from East Africa.

The nuclear mechanics in Shop 51 (who do all the electrical and electronic work) are predominantly black. The head of the nuclear electrical code in the shipyard was a black lady (just retired) and her replacement is black.

My compadres, my children's godparents? They would be 'Rina and 'Rino, short for Madrina and Padrino. Yep, the godmother for all six of my kids is Mexican.

There are darn few people in my very wide circle of friends and co-workers that have any problem discussing racism quite frankly and openly. And not a dang one of us has a problem with each other over the "differences" between us.

SO...what does all this mean?

It means I, for one, am sick and tired of the BS I read and hear from people who play the race card. People who down play my experiences as either trivial or, somehow, irrelevant because I'm white and therefore can't possibly know or understand. People who look at me and assume "white privilege". People who cry all day about racism, equality, and the downtrodden but who seem to have forgotten (or never learned) that BEHAVIOR says more and does more than all the sitting around on their keisters and crying.

Yep...I'm sick and tired of being told, essentially, that despite living and working peacefully and productively, amongst so many different races and cultures of people, my experience doesn't count.

It doesn't count? ISN'T THIS VERY EXISTENCE THE FRICKIN' GOAL?

Racism is a two way street...and you don't overcome it and better peoples lives by acting racist while playing the race card. Examples? OK, I'll toss one or two out there.

"N*gger". Yeah, without a doubt this word devolved into a pretty nasty epithet. It's DEFINATELY not a word used in polite company. BUT...If it's so bad, QUIT FRICKIN' GLORIFYING IT! You cannot, one the one hand, say "you cannot use that word" while on the other hand also say "it's OK if I use that word". That is the epitome of two-faced ignorance to say, as a people, "we want racism and inequality to go away" while at the same time proudly referring to themselves as "poor, worthless people".

Or how about the cultural glorifying and emulating of "gangsta" behavior? There's more two-faced behavior.

History...not only do we have a problem in this country with teaching and learning history in school, we have scads of people growing up (being raised) to interpret history through the billowing smoke screen of burning BS. History, to these people, isn't about actually studying and digging up facts and understanding in context. No, it's about word-of-mouth horse pucky based on misplaced emotional desires to them.

It took this country 90 years from its birth to finally finally end slavery in one of the the bloodiest and most costly wars ever fought between any divided nation in history. 152 years ago, the instition of slavery formally ended. Then began another century of oppression, eventually leading to the Civil Rights Movement. Now THERE was a time in history when great people stood up and did great things!

How I wish Martin Luther King had lived. Where are the ideals he espoused? It seems his "I Have a Dream" speach has become empty words. How many people today have done more than pay superficial lip service to that speech? Where are the prominent black leaders today who are living and preaching that dream? What are they doing to uplift people and actually LEAD them to a better life? How many of them are, in fact, working to KEEP their fellow people firmly under the heel of, and in the control of, government factions who have quite literally enslaved their entire people into political submission?

Well...sorry for the rant. I'll shut up now.
Well......dang.....very well said and true for many...

· Staff
4,665 Posts
Annnnnd best of all it keeps your bullshit race bater thread alive!
Why? Because it pointed out a few basic truths? My parents moved here from the coal towns of Harlan, Ky, and Norton, Va. They worked hard, and instilled that wthic in me from an early age...and because I'm "white" I'm lumped in with the "white privilege" claims?

This is Lucille's story, as promised.

A couple months before I finished the 1st grade, my mother became ill and mostly disabled. She needed help with the household, so we hired one of the ladies who could be seen waiting for the bus on Country Club Road in Winston-Salem.

Her name was Lucille, and I'd estimate that she was in her late 20s at the time. Lucille became my mentor and my math tutor and my surrogate mother. She'd had a hard life, and it showed in her prematurely lined face and her crooked teeth and her calloused hands. Her husband was in prison for a stabbing in a drink house in what was then known locally as 11th Street Bottom...now the Cherry-Marshal Freeway.

She was also raising a boy about my age pretty much alone, with only her aging mother to help.

Around mid-June, Lucille arrived for her day's work visibly upset. Her mother had suffered a stroke, and was unable to look after Jimmy...her son. Her older aunt was able to look in on her sister, but was unable to handle an active 6 year-old boy...so Lucille would be forced to quit her job and apply for public assistance...welfare.

Mo mother offered her a solution. Bring the wee sprite to work with her. And she did.

In a fairly new neighborhood that was short of kids my age, Jimmy became my partner in crime, and Lucille handed out hugs and snacks...and she also tore out butts up when we needed it...with my mother's full blessing and consent. When summer ended, we went back to school, and our reign of terror ended.

Even my racist father softened, and he began driving Lucille and Jimmy home so she could save the 20-cent bus fare. She'd have him drop her off three block or so from her house, telling him: "Mister,(She called him mister)...you just drop us here. That ain't an area where you wanna be in. You go turn left right there."

Fast-forward 25 years, and Lucille...beaten down by a lifetime of hard work...died of a stroke far too young. Mom read it in the paper, and I decided to go and pay my respects, even though I hadn't seen her or Jimmy in nearly a quarter century. Mine was the only white face in a sea of black, and I had several glares filled with mistrust and hate when I walked in.

Jimmy looked around and realized who I was...crossed the room and wrapped me up in a big bear hug...and took me around the room to introduce me to Lucille's friends and family.

And immediately, all the hateful looks melted into big, wide grins and warm handshakes. They'd all heard about me from Lucille and Jimmy, and were very pleased to make my acquaintance.

I never saw Jimmy again after that night. He only lived another 6 months.

I remember my Lucille and my "Brother from another mother" and the summer of '58 when two small boys tore down the racial barrier that separated our worlds.

· Staff
4,665 Posts
Here's a little more personal experience.

About 18 years ago, a 14 year-old girl was slipped a dose of the date rape drug at a party, and became pregnant. Although abortion was on the table, she took a page from Rob Roy, saying that it wasn't the child who needed killing. Much to the angst and protests from her friends and family...she had her baby and became another student/mother who struggled to do what she could for her baby daughter.

When the girl was old enough to be told the truth, tears welled up in her eyes and she promised her mother that she'd never do anything to make her regret her decision, and she's kept that promise. She's a twice honor roll student, and will be attending Ohio State University on a sports scholarship. According to all reports, she's been a blessing to her family.

She's biracial, but she doesn't identify with either race. She just smiles and says "I'm just me. Who else can I be?"

She's also my niece's granddaughter. This is her sophomore picture.

· Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
:( @1911Tuner... You yanked some tears on that one. That is how it should be - love for others, regardless.

This Alinksy stuff and division has to end or it will rip us apart as a nation.

Reactions: 1911Tuner

· Invictus
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Here's a little more personal experience.

About 18 years ago, a 14 year-old girl was slipped a dose of the date rape drug at a party, and became pregnant. Although abortion was on the table, she took a page from Rob Roy, saying that it wasn't the child who needed killing. Much to the angst and protests from her friends and family...she had her baby and became another student/mother who struggled to do what she could for her baby daughter.

When the girl was old enough to be told the truth, tears welled up in her eyes and she promised her mother that she'd never do anything to make her regret her decision, and she's kept that promise. She's a twice honor roll student, and will be attending Ohio State University on a sports scholarship. According to all reports, she's been a blessing to her family.

She's biracial, but she doesn't identify with either race. She just smiles and says "I'm just me. Who else can I be?"

She's also my niece's granddaughter. This is her sophomore picture.

We have the same in my family. I don't talk about it much because I get dog piled on here. As a matter of fact, my friend looks, shockingly, like an adult version of her. We joke at how much alike we are and have long conversations about spiritual stuff.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.