Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dates in yellow are open at this time.

We can cover almost anything you want to do. Let me know what skills you want to work on and we can do it.

On average ammo requirement:

Pistol or carbine: 300rnds per-4 hours

Precision / hunting Rifle: 70rnds per-hour

John

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey John,

I'm new to the forum, and have been reading up on your training sessions, etc. I'm in the Greensboro area, and have been looking for some good, somewhat local (not 4 hours away), training opportunities. First off, I'm no pro, but I would like some instruction/training/critiquing, and for someone stress me to see where I fail. Really, I'm just looking to learn more. I do carry, and I do practice as much as I can both "dry" (trigger work and drawing) and static at my local range (3000-4000 rounds per year). I have taken one follow-up, not advanced in my opinion, class since getting my permit a couple years back. What I have not had the chance to do since then (and thousands of rounds later) is bring it all together in a training situation and see where I am. I have a friend that is in the same place, looking for instruction, etc., and took the same 2 classes I did. Would one of the above "yellow" dates be an opportunity for us to come see you? Thanks. Bo

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bo,

Yes sir yellow is open at this time. Let me know what day you want to train on and we can do it up ASAP like!!

I can take payment by CC (pre-pay) or cash or check the day of.

So let me know what date or dates work for yo and we can have at it.

John

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks John! Let me check some calendars and get back with you. I'm really interested (my buddy will be too), just need to figure out if I can make the calendars work. I appreciate the response and will get back to you! What range do you use out your way? Trying to figure out logistics. If it's close enough, we'd probably just drive up morning of. As far as ammo, is the 500 rounds on your site a good estimate? I'm sure it will depend on what we do.

·
Eleutheromaniac
3,622 Posts
John,

I went through 650-700 rounds in about 4-5 hours, remember?
Either I shoot really fast, or I suck...
So, in your expert opinion, which was it?

:D

BoppaBear,

John's class will do everything you mentioned and a lot more.
You'll learn a lot and have a hell of a time doing it, too!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
In the first post is a accurate round count of the last 10 or so personal classes.

We will do the class at www.dprcedu.com

John
Good deal...I promise I follow verbal directions better than I read written ones. Skipped right over the round count in the first post. Let me see what time I can get, and see when my friend is available. I'll hopefully be in touch soon.

John,

I went through 650-700 rounds in about 4-5 hours, remember?
Either I shoot really fast, or I suck...
So, in your expert opinion, which was it?

BoppaBear,

John's class will do everything you mentioned and a lot more.
You'll learn a lot and have a hell of a time doing it, too!
Thanks Jon. That's what I'm looking for. The "Advanced Class" that I took was not at all bad. We did some double-tap work, simulated restaurant encounter with a table and chairs, some work on our backs, shooting around barriers, forward, back, and lateral movement, etc. It was not at all a bad follow up to basic pistol/CCW. It's been about 18 months since the class, and a lot of rounds (almost weekly). I'd like to try a more advanced class and see how I do. My first child is on the way, so now is a great time to see where my training is, and come March time is going to get a little tight for a while with a new born. Thanks for the input! Bo

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon,

We shot more because you did so well.

The round count of 300 per-4 hours is just a avg. I would look at a 500rnd case and take some home with you.

John

·
Eleutheromaniac
3,622 Posts
Jon,

We shot more because you did so well.

The round count of 300 per-4 hours is just a avg. I would look at a 500rnd case and take some home with you.

John
Well, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Can't wait until next time!

John is top shelf. You won't be sorry. Just be sure to ask him about the connection between the color purple and soiled drawers.
Will do, Nat, will do....

Should I find cover whilst asking?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.