Old Marlin micro-vue 4x scope | Carolina Shooters Club

Old Marlin micro-vue 4x scope

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Esp62, May 25, 2014.

1. Esp62

Esp62 Member

I picked this up very recently, figured a Marlin lover or collector would probably have an old rifle to put it on. I like old colt or s&w accessories, but don't collect Marlin. Scope is in very nice shape considering it's age, couple minor pitting marks on the tube ( about the size of the tip of an ink pen, so tiny). Glass is nice and clear with reticle intact and clear. Has rings with it, but no idea if they're original. I've not taken the rings off or messed with it, figured I would leave it alone for some Marlin fan. Has one cap over adjustments and is missing the other. Has gold inlay in the letters and logo with scroll work wrapping around connecting the logo with "made in USA" on under side. Angled sun shade on the front that looks attached, but haven't messed with it. All I've done to it is wipe the dust off with a microfiber cloth. I did a google search and prices seem to vary a lot. I've seen as cheap as $25 for one with foggy glass just for decoration, on the high side one recently sold on Ebay for $117. I knew some of you here would be much more knowledgeable on this than I am. Doesn't include box or paperwork, just a clean old scope. Could you guys give me an idea what it's worth, I don't plan on keeping it. I was buying tools from an old guy closing his woodworking shop and saw this laying in a drawer in a side room. Couldn't leave it laying there once I figured out it was pretty old and still clear, so I bought it. Thanks for your help everyone.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. paragain

paragain Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

$50.00 on the outside. Old scopes are ......well......old scopes.

3. Esp62

Esp62 Member

That's in the area of what I thought $40-70 bucks. It was just too cool to leave there collecting dust. Hopefully someone can use it for an old Marlin 22 . Thanks paragin