Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traveling around Asheville today browsing the local gun stores and met a guy who I used to work with at a pawn shop. We were catching up with who's doing what now while he was showing me the rifle selection. Our conversation turned to ammo (which I'm surprised a pawn shop had some in stock). He said they just received some older 22lr ammo. I bought one of each since I'm going to a outside firing range tomorrow.

Anyone shot these before?

The top one is from Canada (model RF-60) and the bottom is Western Super Match Mark 4:

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I got a brick of this from my FIL. (Also Olin-Winchester Western Division) It's some he's had for who-knows-how-long. One of the 50-rd boxes had a 99 cent price tag still on it, if that gives you some idea of it's age.

I've shot a hundred rounds of this brick so far and it all shoots good.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know if I would shoot that, not due to it being bad or anything but there are quiet a few ammo collectors out there that might be interested in buying them from you for a nice penny. just my .02 worth

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!

There's about 26 boxes of the Western left at the store and around 10 boxes of the CIL. I've seen collectors selling it for $12 a box for the Western. I will shoot it the Western but the CIL looks rough, like a dry wax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.