Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Wow, has it been thirty five years? Can't believe it. I was standing in the parking lot of a bar with a bunch of my friends at 2 AM, passing a bottle of JD and Tequila between us when one of the bartenders came out and told us the news.
We toasted them many times....... 35 years!!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Pyle, the only survivor who could walk went to get assistance. Quite unbelievably the first person he came upon wounded the drummer further with a blast from a shotgun believing he was an intruder.

Another roadie, Chuck Flowers, who had actually been fired from the band's entourage just previous to the accident, was filled with such remorse he committed suicide with a gun given to him in happier times by Van Zant. Uncannily, AEROSMITH had chartered the same plane a matter of weeks previous but band members refused to get into the plane citing it as unsafe.

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist/united+states/florida/jacksonville/lynyrd+skynyrd

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Another great band Molly Hatchet.
Me and a friend of mine were asked to leave a club (Chevy's in Atlantic Beach) in 1988ish when Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot were there. The reason we were asked to leave was, my dumbass friend had a half a doobie behind his ear and the security guard said, "if you leave now, we won't call the cops" hahaha. Needless to say, I had to leave also because he was driving. Those were the days. ;joint

·
Banned
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
LOL on the Doobie. Been there done that run and hide from Security at concerts. opp's did I just admit something?
Yea I heard Atlantic Beach use to be a cool place for music. Now it's a joke.. dead. Sad because AB has this history behind it.
Saw Molly Hatchet 2 years ago here in New Bern bought Dave Hlubek 2 rum and cokes and talked music..
But I have to admit he was like walking death and the show was awful!
The venue was way to small and someone screwed up booking them in such a dive. They was pissed and the show was pitiful. Besides isn't the same without Danny Joe Brown

Me and a friend of mine were asked to leave a club (Chevy's in Atlantic Beach) in 1988ish when Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot were there. The reason we were asked to leave was, my dumbass friend had a half a doobie behind his ear and the security guard said, "if you leave now, we won't call the cops" hahaha. Needless to say, I had to leave also because he was driving. Those were the days. ;joint

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Anyway thanks Flyfisher for that link... man what great times back then it was for music.. And Florida was a magical place for it.. Another great band Molly Hatchet.
Glad to of helped, Jeb!

Got a soft spot for all things "Southern Rock" myself. Wished there was more in today's mainstreams music...

In Memphis, I was lucky to lived there when this type of music ruled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.