Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn AR's. Ordered a 20" Del-Ton kit but the barrel and Ace ARFX stock are back-ordered, so i built the lower (stockless) to keep me busy. Then I got a 16" .22LR Chiappa upper so I had to put a stock on there to shoot it. THEN I went into my local gun store (Patriot Shooting Sports in Youngsville) and there was a Del Ton M4 upper just sitting there all alone amidst the Magpul order they were unpacking. So....... Then when I realise I don't have an AR mount for my Aimpoint I snagged the DMS-1 off my Mini 14 (which is up on the BST btw) and the mount destined for my 20" upper cause I can't hit jack with iron sights.....

My 20" stuff better get here soon dammit, or I'll have to order that CMMG rimfire upper I am ogling too.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice piece, my next build will be FDE. I like how it goes with the flat black

How about a FDE fore grip?
I like how the black one looks for now, didn't want the rail and grip all of a piece.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
I like how the black one looks for now, didn't want the rail and grip all of a piece.
THey are making the one like you have, QR in the different colors... Found them on line after I got the others....
For some reason not many people carry them....
Sucks as I had already got several in the colors before I even found they made the others.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, that looks nice!

On another note, where do you shoot up here around Youngsville? I need a place to shoot rifles that is closer than the Wake County Range, which is now close to an hour away.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Looks good. I put a VFG on mine, haven't tried it out yet but will tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, that looks nice!

On another note, where do you shoot up here around Youngsville? I need a place to shoot rifles that is closer than the Wake County Range, which is now close to an hour away.
I'm a member of SSI, a private shooting club near Louisburg (4 miles from my house!).

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hmm, that's not far from me, but I will likely only be living here for another 4 or 5 months... After that, back into Raleigh with me. Might still be worth the $12 a month, though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ayy mate, I spied a blighty kilt at the second hand nearby that would match yer new stick's colour scheme like a charm. Give me a shout if you like and I'll swing by, and nick it for you.
...was an awfull load of wool in your size though.
Oh yeah, mind that BRD man, there's no known cure, and the only treatment is infusions of cash. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.