Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm pistol. Who here owns or has previously owned a Dan Wesson pistol and what did you think of it? How is the accuracy and reliability?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a CCO and a V-bob and they are both outstanding, well-made pistols. Real tack drivers. The prices on them have shot up over the last couple of years, but they are still worth every penny. Get the Guardian, you'll love it.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I've got a CBOB & PM-7, both in .45 & love them. Seriously, I sold my Wilson CQB Compact after I bought the CBOB & shot 'em side by side. It's just that good a pistol. Not a single failure not related to ammo (my very 1st reloads) in close to 1500 rds. That gun just runs & is very accurate. The PM-7 is just as accurate & reliable.

They are seriously fine pistols. Accurate, reliable, good triggers. Not cheap, but well worth the price.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does anyone know if the 9mm Guardian is a true 9mm? Some 9mm's are .45 ACP frames with 45 ACP magwells into which you insert a 9mm magazine with a spacer in it (Rock Island Armory). Since the Guardian is also offered in .45 ACP, I was just wondering.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only 9mm 1911 that I know of specifically designed and built for the 9mm round is the Springfield EMP. Everything else uses the same frame design as the 45acp pistols and compensates in some manner for the difference in cartridge length.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE. I have received the Guardian and finally had an opportunity for a quick trip to the range. The pistol ran very well and I am satisfied with the accuracy. It feels great in the hand, love the bob-tail look and feel. The trigger will take some getting used to for me as most of my others are about 5 lbs and this one is more like 3.5 to 4.

This is a "belm" model that had a minor scratch on the bevertail, but saved me quite a bit of money. This will be a working gun, that get's carried regularly, so there will be more to come. My gunsmith touched it up when I picked it up from his shop.

My first impression of the pistol is very good. It is very well put together with a very smooth fit to the barrel, bushing, and slide to frame. As I said above, it fits my very hands well, to the point that I will probably leave the stock grips on it for a while.

Photo below is of the target, shot from 30 feet, rapid fire. Basically the same cadence I used for IPSC matches, sight picture and trigger press, less than one second per round.

Yes the pistol does have excessive oil on it. I run mine very wet for the first couple of hundred rounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.