Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RWVA Instructor
2,218 Posts
I'd love to get one of those............I think. Have you handled one in real life? How's the grip feel?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I haven't even SEEN one in person, but I have a desert eagle and love that, so how bad could this be???
I've been debating getting a nice 1911 and didn't want to add ANOTHER caliber to what I reload now (currently .357, .38 spl, .40 S&W, .44mag, 9mm) and I'm waiting on the dies for the .22 TCM. This looked like a good idea.
I'm taking a risk, a rather expensive one, but hell, you only live once..;gunho
What's really scarey is that I believe they are coming out with a shorter barrel config for this after the first of the year.....I hadn't planned on buying two...but....well....

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Well, finally broke down and did it, I ordered directly from the factory and it's probably a 9 month wait, but should be great to shoot!
Here is a pic of what I ordered:

Mazer
Well that's ironic..... I read a few articles about that firearm today, and thought damn that's bad ass. I too would love to have one but I am not good at waiting. May I ask what it set you back? The article listed it around 1250.00

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moneyshot1972-> Sure, a little over $1600 with the black duracoat and adjustable sites. You don't have to wait, if you don't mind spending a few hundred more you can order one now from OSAGE guns they have them in stock.

Butter -> yea they sure LOOK nice, I'm hoping it handles as nice as it looks. ;tequilla

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
I bet that is a beast of a 1911! Looking forward to reading the range report.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A .41 would be bad ass! But I have my desert eagle .44mag for when I want "bigger" :).
Now, I just need to wait. I figure it will be Christmas in July!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yep, I ordered from Dave Neville via email at the Coonan factory site, I originally was inquiring about local a dealer, I wanted to go and fondle one, see if I liked it. Turns out, there aren't any dealers around, and he offered to take my order online, so I took him up on it.
Dave gave me the name of a retailer in Missouri that had close to what I wanted in stock (no fixed sites), but I really wanted the adjustable sites(might as well get everything on it that I want since this is almost a custom gun), so I just went ahead and ordered direct from him. The retailer is a bit more expensive, but you do get to have the gun NOW.
I'm not usually sold on just a "picture" of a gun, but I guess I'll need to reload using nickel plated brass so I can do it justice!!!! Don't think I'll go the silver bullet route though!!!;guntoot

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
I don't see a picture.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.