Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently bought my first firearms. I bought a MP9C in Feb/March, then a Shield in October. I'm by no means made of money, but other things definitely compete for the extra cash I save up. I'm a watch freak as well, but I only own 3. One of which after several years of wearing it has dug into my wristbone due to a large crown at 2 oclock and I can no longer wear it. It's a Seiko Landmonster. Check out some of the "boutique" brand watches I'm hoping to get for Christmas.
Steinhart Ocean 1 series, ETA 2893-2 movement, sapphire crystal
Precista PRS3-LE ETA-2824-2, 3mm sapphire crystal
Boschett Cavedweller - Myota 8215 movement, sapphire crystal
These are all $500 ish watches. If I can't make one of these happen this Christmas, it will probably be a Seiko Black Monster.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Ever worn a Skagen watch? Not super expensive but hands down the most comfortable watch I've ever worn and they look pretty good. You can even find them at tj max from time to time. Now it's no tag or Rolex but its nice.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I got this about 8 or 9 years ago. I like it. A little retro. I use the slide rule sometimes, but I discovered it is off (the inner and outer scales have a progressive offset). It was only $200 at the time. That's about as much as I want to spend on a watch, and I almost had heart failure even then. It's really tough for me to find one whose ergonomics I like.

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

It's more like, my gun money went up, and what I spent on electronics/radios went down, so the guns are winning :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
484 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
I'm not really a watch freak but I do like fine time pieces. I have a few nice Tag Heurers.

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
Appreciating watches isn't that different from appreciating guns. Fine craftsmanship in a mechanical device and all along the monetary scale from basic functionality to pieces of art. Have you thought about what it takes for a watch to work and keep time as well as it does with all those little levers and gears?
And the idea of using high technology to take the place of a fine mechanical timepiece is, well abhorrent. Not that I don't use technology, I've been a technogeek and know they may be technically better. But I enjoy classic things. I enjoy fountain pens too and sometimes a fine cigar and a fine wine and wheel guns and classic cars. Are you driving a Prius? But, to each their own. Otherwise, we'd all be the same.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool posts guys. I had never heard of West Coast Time, I'll check them out today. Like I said, I only own 3 Seikos. One my mom bought me in 89 (sits in a box now), one my wife bought me in 99, and my Land Monster I bought in 2008 or so. I've been wanting an Omega Seamaster Chronograph since 96 or so, but just haven't been able to justify the $3000.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.