Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just looking to see how much this is roughly worth. West German P226. I got it on a trade for some reloading equipment. I thought abut cerakoting it, but I think the wear marks look pretty cool haha. No box and only one
mag.

Air gun Trigger Grey Line Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks! I had no clue. Still not sure if I want to get rid of it, it shoots really well, but I've got another gun I'm looking at, but at least you gave me a ballpark. Thank you again!

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks guys!! are there any upgrades I could do?? I'm gonna try to get new grips, and possible change out the sights
If you do opt for new sights, I'd order from Sig directly. I have a P226 that came with the older style Von Stavenhagen sights and had a bear of a time getting aftermarket front sights to fit properly.
I'm a big fan of Hogue's G10 grips in the Pirahna texture. Can't speak to other upgrades though, as I've otherwise kept my Sigs stock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you do opt for new sights, I'd order from Sig directly. I have a P226 that came with the older style Von Stavenhagen sights and had a bear of a time getting aftermarket front sights to fit properly.
I'm a big fan of Hogue's G10 grips in the Pirahna texture. Can't speak to other upgrades though, as I've otherwise kept my Sigs stock.
perfect! the sites will need to be changed out. I did do some youtubing and found this .... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGXeqGbKmd83vbWKjK4LelqSAKbhNZwyQ

At least it will give me some ideas

·
Registered
25 Posts
The value of these have been steadily increasing since the SIG factory in Germany recently closed there doors. 550-650 would be more in line for a W German P226 of that vintage and condition. Not sure if SIG still offers the service but for a reasonable price they would refinish the slide and go through the gun and replace any springs if needed if you send it in to them. They can also install night sights while it is there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The value of these have been steadily increasing since the SIG factory in Germany recently closed there doors. 550-650 would be more in line for a W German P226 of that vintage and condition. Not sure if SIG still offers the service but for a reasonable price they would refinish the slide and go through the gun and replace any springs if needed if you send it in to them. They can also install night sights while it is there.
awesome!!!! I like that estimate better haha. If I decide to keep it, I'll get in touch with Sig to see what they can do, or if they can do anything at all. Thats a great idea, thanks for that!

·
Registered
252 Posts
This. Those who appreciate the quality of the older Sigs will pay a slight premium for the W. German guns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts