Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I saw it. I didn't think she was going to put it down. She should have told dispatch that she'd put it down once officer's arrived and identified themselves.
The older woman with the shotgun knew what to do in that same situation!

·
Green Iron Addict
1,441 Posts
I imagine most of the "put the gun down" statements are liability. They can't actually encourage someone to take care of the situation, so...

I think the dispatcher that was on with the single mother that defended her home said something along the lines of "I can't tell you what to do, but you should defend yourself and your baby if you are in fear for your life..." This was the incident maybe a year ago now? killed the one dude after he pried the door open that she had barricaded with the couch...

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
This dispatcher didn't imply anything about her protecting herself. Her words were, "Put down the guns because we have officers in the area". The guy was already in her apartment and the door hadn't been barricaded. She was inside her closet on the phone with 911 and definitely was in fear for her and her son's life.
My reply would have been, "Hell no! I'll put down the gun when your officers are in my apartment, and identify themselves".

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw that show and the dispatcher really pissed me off telling her that.
Same here! If the officers were outside her apartment getting ready to come in, ok. But "in the area" and not being able to find her apartment, no. The intruder should have been laying there bleeding, not beating the crap out of her when the officers got there.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
I'll tell this story again.

I lived in an apartment in Laurel, MD (Anne Arundel side just east of PG county). I had an alarm with motion sensors. 2am my alarm goes off, I grab my pistol and check the console......"motion sensor activated".

Holy shite someone's in the house. The alarm company calls immediately. I tell the wife to answer the phone and tell them to dispatch officers. I know it will be 15 minutes before they get there based on location.
The police dispatcher calls, asks the wife if either of us has a gun. My wife tells them I do. They demand that I "disassemble" the gun. I tell my wife to tell he no fcking way.
She demands to talk to me. I backstep to the phone and take it. She demands again that I disassemble the gun. I tell her no. She tells me sir this is a very serious matter. I say to her you're god damn right it is. Your officer is still 10 minutes out, I think I have someone in my house and your stupid ass is telling me to dismantle the only means I have to protect my wife and I, do not call back here until the officer is outside the house. I will dismantle the gun then and I only then and I hung up.

Officer arrived, he was actually cool. Had no problem with the pistol. We clears the house. Turned out the wife had left an eye on and the heat had caused the sensor to read intruder.

So moral is, know your rights and protect yourself no matter what some dipshite tells you to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.