Paypal. Love it, hate it? Discuss. | Page 2 | Carolina Shooters Club

Paypal. Love it, hate it? Discuss.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by fieldgrade, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

My two mishaps were cleared up same day. Sounds like you may need to look at a different bank. Sorry to hear your PP account was hacked but that's the world we live in. I assume you don't use credit/ debit cards either?

2. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

If you consider getting funds in you bank account to use, or cash in your hand, takes about the same amount of time. Always take my Paypal 3 days to transfer funds into my banking account. Mailing something in state takes 1-2 days, you can cash certified postal money orders at the post office.

I also have a separate bank account for my pay-pal. I use mine, but I can see why people don't want to use it, and I understand. Gun magazines are the thing lately on ebay that they are cracking down on.

3. mj1angier

mj1angier Grumpy old fart Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I use it only when there is no other options. I don't receive funds to it though. I sell very little stuff and prefer FTF.

4. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Retired Staff Member Lifetime Member

Paypal, just like any other credit card processor, will screw the business that took the PP 100% of the time (in a dispute), no exceptions, which is a good reason to sweep the account, and the account that it is linked to..every day

5. Wahoo95

You guys having issue with the 3-4 day delay transferring funds between PP and your linked account should look into adding the Paypal Debit/MasterCard. Instant access no transfers required.

6. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    Can PP withdraw funds from the linked bank account without your specific authorization?

7. Cocked & Locked

Cocked & Locked Hunter of Deer...Few More Days Club Subscribed

not a USPS fanboy here....

I've not had the success with that as you must have. Last week I mailed something Priority Mail that was scheduled (USPS tracking) for delivery in two business days. It took six days to reach its destination.

My wife ordered something from CA on October 23, 2012. It was shipped the next day First Class with delivery confirmation. It was trackable for a few days then disappeared from the tracking system...re-appeared in Norfolk VA three days before delivery here. It was delivered Tuesday of this week 3-11-14. That's almost FIVE months.

The local Post office will only cash their USPS Money orders if they have the cash on hand. The local SECU will not cash big $ dollar USPS Money Orders. They will accept them for deposit BUT they place them on a hold mode for X-number of business days before depositing them to an account...too many counterfeit USPS Money Orders.

8. Wahoo95

No they cant

9. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Retired Staff Member Lifetime Member

supposedly they can't, but after having several hundred dollars charged back against my merchant account/ taken out of my bank account in a past life (own business) I don't trust anyone.

10. Scsmith42

Scsmith42 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Eddie - are there any updates on this that you can share? Thx.

11. jcs3876

jcs3876 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have had funds frozen for 90 days and I had my account closed. Neither time was a firearm sold. They assume certain large amount transactions are firearms and proceed with their BS! And the Gift transactions as already stated are unprotected purchases with no proof of a purchase at all.

12. ForumSurfer

ForumSurfer Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur . Club Subscribed

One of you knuckleheads I've done business with sent me $971 Saturday night. Don't drink and PayPal.

13. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

LOL! That's hilarious.

14. ForumSurfer

ForumSurfer Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur . Club Subscribed

I refunded it immediately of course. He/she said thank you.

I on the other hand would have went full on over the top "thank you thank you thank you thank you..."

15. RedneckFur

RedneckFur Well-Known Member

I use paypal fairly often. I use it for both buying and selling. I stopped using the "send as a gift" option for anything sales related, because if you send money as a gift, you've just destroyed your chance at a refund if things don't work out.

They might be anti 2A, but then again, so are most of the banks we use too. And paypal doesn't have to know what you're using their services for. Just be smart an don't put gun-related keywords in the description.

16. Wahoo95

There's typically no reason to even use a description. That's where people go wrong.

17. Wahoo95

no not at this time. I've been meeting with a friend who has a company that processes CC transaction and he's trying to find a solution

18. Noway2

Noway2 Well-Known Member

A merchant charge back is a different animal all together. Generally it happens when the customer disputed the charge and the dispute was ruled in their favor. that being said, I won't trust PP with my bank account information. I keep a CREDIT, not debit, card on file with them only. I do prefer PP over direct purchase by card because the fewer instances of my card information being out there the less likely it will be stolen. Theoretically, merchants are prohibited from keeping records with information that would allow someone to process additional transactions but we all know some do. For example, they are prohibited from storing the "security" code which is used with non swipe transactions.

19. bullitt

bullitt Registered Member

20. ranrace

ranrace Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I run my auto racing parts business mostly on paypal via the web. They make it easy, fast and don't kill you on American Express. I also have a merchant account for people that call in orders. The combination of the two really work out well for me.

I hate the fact they are anti-gun. I asked one time when talking to them and they said they can't control seller and buyer, like a normal bank or merchant account. No way of checking in..........

Their latest deal is borrowing money to small business people like myself and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it. Its a pretty simple formula and I think it will work good for me. The problem is no banks down here want to borrow-line of credit or other with me. It sucks to run a business solely out of my back pocket...... I have a 26k PO coming in July, a 52k one in August. It would be nice to float some cash sometimes. In a ideal world I would never borrow money, but when it slows things down, I lose money.

Randy

21. NCm4

NCm4 Member

lol