PHA TACTICAL MATCH July 21, 2012 | Carolina Shooters Club

PHA TACTICAL MATCH July 21, 2012

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by Brittanyman, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Brittanyman

Brittanyman Registered Member

The PHA Tactical Match is held on the 3rd Saturday of the month at 10:00 AM, weather permitting. Match fees are $15 for the first gun, $15 for a second gun (to be shot through the entire match).

The match consists of 5 stages with different scenarios each month. All matches involve movement and shooting around barricades and through windows and doors at USPSA style targets. You begin shooting at the sound of a buzzer. Total round count will be around 150 for the match (including pistol rounds). Bring at least 150 rifle and 50 pistol to be on the safe side.

You can use center fire and rim fire. For center fire, rifles used are AR-15, Mini-14, AK-47’s and similar. For rimfire, the new ARs in .22 can be shot, along with other .22 semi-automatic carbines. We have 4 divisions - Centerfire Optics, Centerfire Iron Sights, 22 Rimfire, Heavy Metal (.30 or larger).

Pistols can be used in any pistol caliber. Shooters will need 2 rifle magazines (25 rds. or more minimum) and at least 3 - 8 round pistol magazines. Before each stage the range officers will explain safety rules and provide a walk through.

Your sign-in time determines your shooting schedule. If you register early, you will shoot early. If you come late you will be one of the last to shoot. NO EXCEPTIONS! Allow yourself enough time to enjoy a great time.

During the Tactical Match we run a cold range. That is all firearms must be unloaded with chambers empty and magazines out. Chamber flags must be showing in all rifles. If you don't have a chamber flag, they are sold at the match.

USPSA Targets are used during the match and the following scoring system is used:

A zone = no time penalty
    B zone = no time penatly
    C zone = +1 second
    D zone = +2 seconds
    Miss = +5 seconds
    No shoots = +25 seconds
    Black areas on targets represent hard cover and count as a miss.
    Procedural violation = + 10 seconds
    Safety violation = Disqualification from match
    Shoot the stage clean and 10 seconds is subtracted from you score.
    Your best two hits on target are scored.
    Your score for a stage is your time running the stage plus your score from
    shots on targets.

Any question please visit this web site http://www.phashoots.com/Matches/Tactical/index.htm.

Address for directions:
    Piedmont Handgunners Association
    10346 Highway 150 South
    Linwood, NC 27299

I-85 Road Construction Info here: http://www.ncdot.org/projects/i85corridor/

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  2. 9outof10mms

9outof10mms Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Actually gonna make it back out to this one. Bringing dad along since he'll be in town.

3. Gtownwrench

Gtownwrench Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

[​IMG]
    Yeah boy. I am ready.

4. jjwestbrook

jjwestbrook Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

sadly i will miss this month , i had to switch on call weeks for vacation.

5. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

I too shall miss this one.
    I'll be near Pawleys Island in my kayak with fishing pole in hand.
    Ya'll send some down range for me and stay safe.

6. Alpha-17

Alpha-17 Active Duty Paratrooper

I should be there, maybe with one or two others. Got my Galil ready to go, and I'm dying to get some more trigger time with my new Jericho/Baby Eagle.

7. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

My plan is to be there. Looking forward to it as always. Hopefully this insane stretch of heat we have been having will have dissipated by then.

8. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Im ready to go! Missed the last two, and am anxious to get back to it!

9. drizzle

drizzle Registered Member

I'll be at pawleys island too that week.

10. Zbizzle911

Zbizzle911 Lead Slinger

I am looking forward to it again! Gene if you need help setting up just let me know!

11. Frmr0317

Frmr0317 U. S. Military Club Subscribed

Same here, not sure if I want to run my AR or my MSAR yet though.

12. Chdamn

Chdamn Staff VP of Shenanigans Lifetime Member Vendor Club Subscribed

I may be out of town. :(.

Need to double check.

13. B00GER

Bring em both!

14. dirtydirtysouf

dirtydirtysouf New Member

runy your 308 saiga you big sissy

15. Frmr0317

Frmr0317 U. S. Military Club Subscribed

Crap, forgot about that..... Might just run a different rifle every stage and make a game of it haha

16. Gidds-45

Gidds-45 Registered Member

I will be there barring any unforeseen emergency. Will be happy to SO.

By the way, can I bring an upper that I would like to see if anyone is interested in buying?

17. Brittanyman

No problem. We have been thinking about having a table for people who want to sell or swap equipment.

18. Brittanyman

As of today the 10 day forecast is calling for rain and cooler weather starting Monday, the 9th through Sunday, the 15th. The 15 day forecast extends the cooler weather and rain through to Friday, the 20th. If this is the case, the five bays will be in no shape for a match. It will be a muddy mess.

19. 9outof10mms

9outof10mms Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Ive got about as much faith in a 10 day forecast as I do in November's election. In other words, I'll see you in 2 weeks and we'll take a look at the 24 hour forecast!

20. Sheepdog82

Sheepdog82 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Gonna try to make it to this one. Will be coming back from the beach that day. So, if the weather looks good might leave the night before or real early that morn. Fingers crossed

21. Brittanyman

This coming Friday, July 13th, we could use some help with the set up and R&R (Repair & Replace) for the PHA USPSA and the Tactical Match. The USPSA match will be on the next day, and I utilize their set up for the following weeks Tactical Match.

We plan to repair any walls that need fixed, finish with the construction on the framed door prop, pull some staples from the target furring strips and sorting the good ones from the ones in bad shape.

Not sure about the time, but we could have two shifts, one to start in the AM and another to come later in the PM. This all depends on the weather. I'll let you know about more details later once I get some replies on who can help and at what times.

22. jarchie

jarchie Registered Member

okay guys, i want to come out to this thing and give it a try. I have NEVER shot in any thing other than a range and never any kind of compitition. I will most likely bring my best friend too and I would like to know if anyone could help show us the ropes, walk us through, explain what we are going to do and laugh with us when we look like dummies. We did pop out there for a few minutes last time (Iwas wearing a Sucker Punch Sally's shirt) and everyone I talked too seemed really nice. I will also be using a M&P 15-22 not my AR as 22 is much cheaper for me to learn with. So, anybody willing to teach the the new guys?

23. Dcgallim

Dcgallim Hall of Shame

Pretty much anyone out there will be more than happy to help you out. When you get sign up just let them know, and then when you get to your group let your ROs know and they'll let you shoot closer to the end. That way you can watch and learn from the other shooters and ask them questions on each stage before you shoot. Most importantly go slow and safe, don't try to blow through every stage.

24. B00GER

You are going to have a blast! Just bring water or cash to buy them there. With 5 stages to shoot it can take a while, so be ready to chill, chat with folks, and help paste targets.

Shoot me a message if you want to fall in with me. I have a few guys that I shot with last time that I am going to try to inflict myself upon again (Ed, JJ, Ian and his pop).

25. Gtownwrench

Gtownwrench Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I will be there wearing my CSC shirt with screen name on the back. I will do what ever I can to help if you need. Just ask any question you may think of regardless.

26. Gidds-45

Gidds-45 Registered Member

This is a great match for first time shooters. As a common courtesy, let the SO's know its your first time so they can help along the way. You are guaranteed to have a good time. Make sure you pack some sunscreen also.

27. jrpsaros

jrpsaros Registered Member

This will be my first competition match, ill be driving up from raleigh the morning of the 21st if anyone wants to carpool.

Disclaimer- I drive a mini so not much room :)

28. B00GER

Glad to see so many new folks coming!

Bring on that Tactical Mini...I am sure it's all camo'd up.

29. jrpsaros

jrpsaros Registered Member

Haha it does have a few dents in it, and lots of dirt, but no camo

30. Brittanyman

We plan to be there at 1:30PM and someone will still be working until 4:00 or later.