PHA Tactical Meet 11/20/10 (please read first post for all basic info) | Page 5 | Carolina Shooters Club

PHA Tactical Meet 11/20/10 (please read first post for all basic info)

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by HPFilter, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Alpha-17

Alpha-17 Active Duty Paratrooper

Down, boy. :001_tongue:

Anywho, looking forward to tomorrow, got a couple of guys from my unit interested in coming, but no firm answers as yet (its a Friday, their minds are on two things, and I'll let you guys guess what those are :biggrin: ).

2. steve.sellers

steve.sellers Registered Member

Sight-picture and trigger control?

3. CycleScoot

CycleScoot New Member

Hey guys,
    If I make it out to the event tomorrow it'll be my first time seeing the place. I live just down the road in Salisbury and am really looking forward to it. If my work allows, I'll be there.

My question:
    I do photography as a side project. Does anyone have a problem with me bringing the camera to shoot an event like this? Just let me know.

Feel free to check out my website for samples of some of my work. I shoot all kinds of people, places, and events.

www.statoncarterphotography.com

Thanks,
    Staton

4. 2alpha-down0

2alpha-down0 Registered Member

I don't think anyone would mind; we're constantly taking pictures and video. I'll actually have a hat-cam this time around.

5. steve.sellers

steve.sellers Registered Member

Staton - The shots on your website look great!

I'll warn you, though: We're not as pretty as the folks you're apparently used to working with...

6. Alpha-17

I don't mind; I'm somewhat of a picture whore, so any you want to take will be more than welcome. I doubt anybody else will have a problem.

7. Brittanyman

Brittanyman Registered Member

Got "BLACKHAWK DOWN" stage finished today except for putting up the targets. Afraid the cold and frosty night would damage them. Will do that early tomorrow morning. Almost ran out of room setting it up, but it looks okay. Ron Setzer was a great help to me yesterday and today. I would have never completed this stage without his help. Thanks Ron. He is coming down with a cold. I hope he will be able to make tomorrow.

8. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

Sadly I won't be able to make it in the morning. The wife won't be back in town until the afternoon and the sitter has an emergency and is headed out of town. I'm really disappointed, but such is life. Kill some skinnies for me!

9. Alpha-17

Well, Bonk is out for tomorrow, but I'll be bringing somebody else from my platoon to shoot tomorrow. He doesn't have a rifle, and is planning on using mine, but if anybody has an extra they wouldn't mind loaning him, that would be great. We've already got 100 rounds of 5.56 to use, so ammo is no problem.

On another note, I will be bringing the M1A Scout I am selling to the shoot tomorrow if anybody is interested in checking it out. The for sale thread is here:
    http://carolinashootersforum.com/showthread.php?t=87967

Anywho, look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, and hopefully, we'll all shoot straight, with no EOTech malfunctions this time! :sneaky2:

10. Brittanyman

Alpha-17, I will have my Bushmaster M4 Piston Carbine to shot. I mounted a new red dot on it and shot it in on Thursday. At 50 yards it is right on and you can cover a five shot group with a quarter. Your buddy is welcome to use it.

11. Alpha-17

Thanks, I'll let him know. We'll be the guys wearing camo with guns.... ah, wait, that's not as descriptive as it normally would be. :001_tt2:

12. Brittanyman

Alpha-17, when you get to the range look me up. I'll be at the "Blackhawk Down" stage beside my Toyota Pick Up.

Chris, I am sorry you won't be able to make it. If and when we get permission from the EPA, to start constructing the new ranges for the Tactical Meet, I can plan a redo of "Blackhawk Down" for the spring or early summer (maybe close to Memorial Day). With more room and more bays it should be much improved.

13. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

Noooooooo!!:eek:hmy:

14. CycleScoot

CycleScoot New Member

Thanks Steve.

I'll be there early...like 9:30ish. I've got to be at work by 12...so I'll get as much shooting {photos} done as I can. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

SC

15. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Sórry guys, but I just had something come up that will prevent me from making the match. You guys have fun and be safe! I'll see you next month!

16. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

I say again... Noooooooo!!
    Gonna miss you guys.

17. HPFilter

HPFilter Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Hope all is OK...

Do I need to step up and take the lady friend? :laugh:

18. dirtydirtysouf

dirtydirtysouf New Member

got there about 12:30 and you had left, sorry i didnt get there earlier:sad:

19. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

Am I wrong for thinking this makes me feel a bit better about having to miss out? LOL

It certainly sucks but I hope all who can make it have a great time. I'll be looking forward to the pics and videos.

20. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

Thanks Glen, I will certainly miss all the regulars but will definitely see you guys next month. Happy Thanksgiving!

21. Wahoo95

Yep it really hurts me to miss this one but I want you guys to ha ve a great time and be safe!

Ed

22. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

Man did the brass and steel cases fly today.:w00t:
    Beautiful weather for shooting. Sorry you guys had to miss this one.
    I'm sure some vids and pics will be up soon.
    Make plans now for Decembers match.

23. JFranz

JFranz Registered Member

Great match today. Perfect weather, great courses of fire. Nice to meet the new faces that were able to make it. Already looking forward to December.

Safe Shooting,

JF

24. nitro

nitro Registered Member

It was a long day but good match, good weather, and good people. Thanks to Rodger for letting me shoot his .22

25. SFowler

SFowler Registered Member

Had tons of fun today. Thanks to all the guys and gals that make these possible. And to the RSO's for running behind us all day long.

26. Brittanyman

Thanks to Karl, Steve, Jeff and Ron (who wasn't there today - I hope he is feeling better) for their help in the set up and running of the "BLACKHAWK DONE" stage. Without you guys this stage would have never happened.

Chris and Eddie, I really missed you guys today. You would have had a blast.

This stage would have been better if we had more room for the setup. Hopefully we will have that soon.

Today I got a lot of positive feedback on a Zombie shoot next month - head shoots only. With the holidays coming I may not have the time to do anything really elaborate, so I will keep it simple but still interesting.

During our opening ceremony today, I must apologize for my fau pax. I was so wrapped up in the moment that I forgot to remove my hat. No disrespect intended. It was neat that as the National Anthem began to play, the flag, which up to that moment had been still, began to unfurl and wave for the rest of the song. It gave me a thrill.

Did anyone notice the choppers flying over during the meet

Thanks all for coming. I hope you enjoyed the layouts today. Hope to see you December 18.

27. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

click 1st pic for video

[​IMG] <<<click pic to see vid<<<
    .........................................................................................................................................................................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Wahoo95

Sweet! I so hate I missed it today. Looks like you guys has a great/safe time! see you next month!

29. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

Believe me, it pained us to not be there. The stages looked awesome as always and I loved the high round count on the BHD stage. What was the (I'm assuming longer range) target on that stage? Was it reactionary?

30. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

There was a steel plate on the 200yd berm...So a 50yd(?) shot half way thru the stage.
    You can see it in the pic under the video pic.