PHA Tactical Meet 12/18/10 (basic info in first post) Join the SAFE Fun!!! | Page 3 | Carolina Shooters Club

PHA Tactical Meet 12/18/10 (basic info in first post) Join the SAFE Fun!!!

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by HPFilter, Nov 21, 2010.

1. dirtydirtysouf

dirtydirtysouf New Member

you should just post the pic you TM'ed me

2. Gidds-45

Gidds-45 Registered Member

Gotta ask.....are the final targets in the stage to be shot with pistol (as it normally is)......I was hoping to run suppressed on the rifle. If pistol is last then it wont be a big deal if the timer doesn't pick up the rifle (9mm).....

3. Wahoo95

Wahoo95 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

What kinda 9mm rifle you running? I've never had any issues with the timer when shooting a suppressed 9mm AR or .22lr AR.

4. dirtydirtysouf

:cursing: might be out of this, or atleast the last stage wont be shot.......got to go to mom and dads for an x-mas dinner party thing they are throwing starting at 4pm on the 18th, so that means i need to cut out at around 1-2pm to get cleaned up and ready to go..............the wife will not be making it cause "its to cold to shoot a gun"

5. Brittanyman

Brittanyman Registered Member

The Zombie stage will start out with pistol. The long range weather forecast has changed. The forecast for Saturday 18th is possible showers in the AM with some sun after, with a morning low in the mid 30s and high in the mid 50s.

If it is raining we will not have a shot. The targets will not hold up in rain. Watch the forum the night before the shoot to see it is cancelled or still on.

If it is cold we may only have one stage, the Zombie stage, but we will add extra targets to it. For those who have to bug out early, come early and sign in. Then you will be done early and can leave.

How do you feel about having only one stage, but with more Zombies to shoot?
    If we do it this way, we will also reduce the fee to shoot.

6. Brittanyman

BWilson-25, will you be coming to the Tactical Shoot on the 18th? I know Alpha-17 can't make it. If you plan to come, I'll bring my Bsuhmaster for you to shoot.

7. Gidds-45

Gidds-45 Registered Member

9mm AR w/ SWR Trident.....have had issues on and off with a timer picking it up.....no big deal....

8. Wahoo95

I have the same set up...never had a problem with the timer picking mine up.

9. Brittanyman

I am getting conflicting weather reports for Saturday. All reports say it will be cold - high 30s to low 40s, but some are saying snow and rain while others say no precip. Tomorrow evening (Thursday) we will look at the latest weather reports and post a go or no go message. I hope it is a go.

10. paragain

paragain Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

WILL TRY TO BE THERE!

11. Brittanyman

Today's weather reports predict cold weather for Saturday - high in the low 40s, but little or no chance of precip. Will let you know for sure tonight. If it is a go, I'll be at the range tomorrow around 1:00 pm to set up the stage. Will need some help. It shouldn't take long to set this one up.

12. Brittanyman

We are on for Saturday. It will be cold - high of 39, but with little chance of snow in the evening. I'll be at the range tomorrow - Friday, to set up the zombie stage. I plan to be their at 1:00 pm. I will need help.

We will have only one stage due to the cold weather. We will have 10 possibly 11 pistol targets and 21 rifle targets. The total pistol rounds will be 20 plus and rifle 39 plus. So you will need mag changes on both pistol and rifle. Saturday I will be at the range at 8:00 am to set up the zombie targets. We will need some help that morning also. If we get set up early we could start shooting early. Hope you can make it.

13. Chris Van

Chris Van Registered Member

I won't be able to make this one. Got a job along with another guy to set up computers. The other guy already lost his job and I will probably have to pick up the slack.

14. Brittanyman

Wahoo 95,
    I saw you played against William & Mary. So you played against Tomlin and a boy that I coached football, Jason Miller. He played linebacker for W&M.

15. Dorton

Dorton ... Club Subscribed

I'll be making it out to this one finally. I'll come early to help with the setup, and get the chance to put some more names/faces together. Is there any way to put a couple of shots downrange to check my zero. My 18month old little girl thought it would be funny to pull daddy's soft case off the couch, and the gun was in it, and landed on the scope. I think it will be be ok, but would like to verify if possible.

16. Frmr0317

Frmr0317 U. S. Military Club Subscribed

Hate that I'm missing this one but count me as a definite for the next one. Tell me how a zombie shoot and a wifes birthday being on the same day is just???

17. dirtydirtysouf

the matches are set up on the 100/200 yard range...........you can re-sight at the 50/100 range if need be

18. ian's dad

ian's dad Registered Member

well....

i'm not feeling well, but wahoo95 said he didn't care.. guess i'll be there tomorrow... Eddie said he would run next to me and wipe my nose while i shoot!

Really looking forward to this...

19. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

I'll carry the tissues.:wink:
    Packing my gear for in the morning.
    See ya'll then.

20. Dorton

Just went through, and cleaned and lubed my stuff, I'm ready to roll out

21. Wahoo95

Gonna be running a brand new AR I built for a buddy so wish me luck!

22. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

Anyone bringing a fire-barrel?:eek:hmy:

23. Wahoo95

I'm hoping for the weather we had today!

24. Brittanyman

ZOMBIE SHOOT

Local weather from two sources - Morning in the mid to upper 20s, afternoon high of 42, NO PRECIP.

Was at the range today to set up. No one showed up to help. Got most of the stage completed. Tomorrow morning need to move some things out of the way and maybe add a shooting wall here of there. Target stands are in the general area, but need to have targets attached and make final placement.

I'll be there at 8:00am.

Here is the scenario. You are in your vehicle when you hear an emergency broadcast that zombies have invaded your town. You have a conceal carry permit and have your handgun with you. You get a frantic call from your wife/girlfriend/significant other that neighbors have called and said zombies are in the neighborhood. You are on your way home. Have to stop your vehicle before you get to the house. So you need to travel by foot about forty feet through your neighborhood to get to your house. On the way you encounter small groups of zombies. Some are chasing your neighbors and a few have captured a neighbor and are ready to partake. You must take these bad boys out with your handgun - two shots to the head, but be careful, don't hit a neighbor, even if you don't like the SOB.

When you get to the house you retrieve your carbine, insert mag, charge 'er up and commence to rid your neighborhood of zombies.

20 plus pistol rounds and 40 plus rifle rounds. Hope you enjoy.

25. Wahoo95

Sweet! Can't wait!!!

26. Dorton

Very cool, I'll see everyone bright and early in the morning.

Do we need to bring machetes in case we run out of ammo during the zombie flood?

27. Brittanyman

We have a fire barrel and I'm bringing my propane heater.

28. bugman53

bugman53 Registered Member

Just got all my gear packed up for the AM. I will be the tall redheaded skinny dude with the AK-47 and 1911.

Starts at 10 right?

29. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

A fellow late night packer I see. Just got my gear squared away and I packed a few extra flash-bangs for heat. :8:

First shots head down range @ ~10. You shoot in the order you arrive so the earlier you get there the earlier you can head out. With the weather forecast I don't expect we will have the typical crowd of 40+ shooters though. The bonus is you can assist with final stage prep and get an even better understanding of the course of fire than you would with just the pre-shoot walk through.

Looking forward to thinning the zombie herd soon!

30. krinkkink

krinkkink Registered Member

dammmmn it, why does work always come up, im packed to go so excited, and then get called in :( maybe next month