PHA TWO GUN TACTICAL MATCH - SEPTEMBER 17, 2016 | Page 7 | Carolina Shooters Club

PHA TWO GUN TACTICAL MATCH - SEPTEMBER 17, 2016

Discussion in 'Shooting Sports & Competitions' started by TR_Holsters, Aug 30, 2016.

1. TR_Holsters

TR_Holsters Registered Member

Im with ya and ultimately think it will boil down to stage design and what you want the shooters to do. @Gtownwrench has mentioned many ideas on how to do this in various ways. Im not a stage designer by any means so will always welcome help!

2. TR_Holsters

TR_Holsters Registered Member

I will take all of these suggestions and we will move forward with some Tactical based changes to get this match back to what it was!

Thank you and please keep the suggestions flowing.

3. Beef15

Beef15 Well-Known Member

The first reload sucked because the mandatory mag limit forced a standing reload, but everyone had the same hurdle so whatever. The rest had movement during which they could be made if you planned them, apparently everyone wants to get away from gamer tactics, but at the end of the day it is a game, unless we start doing blind runs stage planning is part of it. If mags were cut off at 19rnds no one was making 2 arrays without a reload.

With that in mind if you keep pistol target arrays and/or shooting positions to 8-10 rounds or less shot perfect, then the single stacks won't be at a huge disadvantage, if they shoot and plan well. One of the biggest challenges for me in these games is recovering when my plan falls apart.

I liked the mix, I wasn't wild about stage one, enjoyed the steel challenge/speed shoot style of 2 with the mag changes so some thought required round count could accomplish the same, would like to see some (not all) shots with more accuracy required on the scenario type stages, especially for rifle, or like 5 where there are options, do I take the little slice of the far targets from the start, or advance all the way to the end and hose them up close?

Gtownwrench and TR_Holsters like this.
  4. glock 56

glock 56 Registered Member

Hay how about a stage that the shooter has a rifle a side arm AND a back-up gun all loaded and no mag. changes. run the 1st. 2 dry and finish with the back up pistol.

TR_Holsters, Zbizzle911 and dlfleetw like this.
  5. Gtownwrench

Gtownwrench Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

What if all shooters dont have a back up gun?
    can this be done safely for all shooters? ( where is back up gun being drawn from)
    How many rounds on this stage?

But it does sound good. Heck of an idea

6. Zbizzle911

Zbizzle911 Lead Slinger

That'd be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Not Subscribed

Simply to one rifle mag probably a 20 roubd max load, go to secondary after it runs dry? You can have grounding barrels and tables along the sides... 3 gun kinda has this down to a science at this point.

8. Gtownwrench

Gtownwrench Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Holstered handgun on the outside, where is back up?

9. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Not Subscribed

No need for a 2nd... secondary.

Match already doesn't allow ankle etc so it is kinda moot unless we want people throwing knives at paper ;).

Gtownwrench likes this.
  10. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Not Subscribed

Although... having a weapon of opportunity, like a shotgun with 3 slugs in it to make some long shots with or something would be fun.

11. glock 56

glock 56 Registered Member

What a great idea throwing knifes at paper cool

12. 2alpha-down0

2alpha-down0 Registered Member

Stage guns have been discussed and will probably be happening in future stages.

13. Jrosdhal

Jrosdhal Registered Member

Hey I wanted to check and see if anyone at the plate match yesterday seen a GoPro

14. Stump Jumper

Stump Jumper Registered Member

No one turned in any items, I'll ask around and see if one was found.

15. Jrosdhal

Jrosdhal Registered Member

Ok thank you very much

16. JimP42

JimP42 Bitter Clinger Club Subscribed

Hmmm. Stage guns. Secondaries. I see long trench coat with 8 or so mini Uzis or other pistols in pairs, no reloads, on a stage where lots of targets appear as you advance up between 2 rows of blue barrel columns... Half your shots must be strong hand only, half weak hand only. Could be epic.