Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I concentrated on setting up things outside for the feast, while RugerJo slaved away at the meal.
Most of our family came here for the meal.
The feast was great!...and the guests all departed by 4pm.
After a short rest to let the day settle...I went outside to fire up the fire bowl for the first time.
I'd built an inner grate, that rests about 1/3 of the way up the bowl...that works great for allowing a bit
of air under the fire (the bowl is very deep).
She burns about an hour, and the burning paint smell is gone, so RugerJo comes out about dark and brings the dogs and her
spiked up of hot coffee...I opt for a Shiva from Asheville Brewing and a Padron cigar.
The bowl rim is a bit high, but I can correct that when it gets to it's final resting place, enjoyable nonetheless.

Food Cookware and bakeware Charcoal Cuisine Dish
Fire Bonfire Tree Flame Wood
Dog Chair Carnivore Cooking Cookware and bakeware
Light Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,035 Posts
Nice! I'd like to wrangle an invite, looks relaxing.

I spent the day reuniting with my brother I haven't seen/spoken to in 3 or 4 years, then spent the rest of the day mediating disputes between actual 3 year olds and adults acting like 3 year olds...reminds me why I left this godforsaken stae!

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Nice...I bet the weather at your place is great right now! Enjoy and glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I'd like to wrangle an invite, looks relaxing.

I spent the day reuniting with my brother I haven't seen/spoken to in 3 or 4 years, then spent the rest of the day mediating disputes between actual 3 year olds and adults acting like 3 year olds...reminds me why I left this godforsaken stae!
Worst thing I had to deal with today was a frantic cook....told her to "speak to the hand" once...that didn't work in my favor.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great Snalness. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
"Snalness"?...Indeed! The Padron was a step or 12 above the Ashton VSG that I had high hopes for the other night.
Sit'n by the fire, with my dogs and my honey, a fine smoke and a fine brew....twas nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.