Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. i am new to the forums. so i don't have any idea where to ask this question.
Looking for feedback from anyone using a Sartorius scale for precision handloading applications.

I just dropped (and ruined) my very-old RCBS digital scale... for about the same cost, I can purchase a laboratory-grade

Sartorius strain-gauge scale.

Before I unintentionally start another balance-beam vs digital scale debate, I also have a balance-beam scale, but I prefer
the speed and convenience of using a digital scale.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all. i am new to the forums. so i don't have any idea where to ask this question.
Looking for feedback from anyone using a Sartorius scale for precision handloading applications.

I just dropped (and ruined) my very-old RCBS digital scale... for about the same cost, I can purchase a laboratory-grade

Sartorius strain-gauge scale.

Before I unintentionally start another balance-beam vs digital scale debate, I also have a balance-beam scale, but I prefer
the speed and convenience of using a digital scale.
scales by Sartorius
and thanks in advance for any help

· Registered
14 Posts
Op

Due to some serious luck or maybe just living a very long time, i now have a place to shoot over 1000 yards. Since ELR shooting MOA or better requires almost perfect loads in every respect i have been looking to replace an old sartorius i inherited that is very accurate but only weighs in grams (.01 resolution)...and works but is a pain having to convert to grains with a calculator. Since i cannot afford "new", I have been looking for high end used sartorius scales with UOM in grains for the last 2 years hoping to find a good one under 500.00 but have pretty much given up.

now considering either the A&D Newton EJ123 for around 350.00 or the Ohaus YJ103...which can be had for around 250.00 but there are few reviews on it. both supposedly have .02 grain resolution

good luck with your search

1 - 3 of 3 Posts