Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about trying limited with my M&P. Haven't started loading for it yet, no dies, but it's on the list.

I have a limited time to act on decent discount on molds. What's everyone's preferred bullet weight to make major with in 40S&W?

Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
1,993 Posts
180gr is the most common. 200gr is stupid soft and easy in major. I am an odd ball and love 190gr (zombie 190's are a great option)
I could not get 190 gr zombies to feed in the M&P.

· My Mom says I'm cool.
5,141 Posts
I say 180 too, just because it's easy to figure. 180 has to run 1000 fps to make major and it can be a bit snappy. I admit I haven't tested other combinations to get there though.

· Premium Member
1,993 Posts
I say 180 too, just because it's easy to figure. 180 has to run 1000 fps to make major and it can be a bit snappy. I admit I haven't tested other combinations to get there though.
that would be hot at 180pf, major starts at 165pf.

Reactions: Col. Mortimer

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
870 fps for 190
918 fps for 180
200gr damn near just has to come out of the barrel
I am a fan of heavy and slow, love the 155s out of the 9mm, and if I ever try SS it'll likely be 240gr TCs.
I'll probably try 200s at some point, some truncated cones did fine from dad's XD, but my experience with factory ammo has been the M&P won't eat everything, I suspect chances of success are better with the shorter 180s.

· Premium Member
1,993 Posts
I am a fan of heavy and slow, love the 155s out of the 9mm, and if I ever try SS it'll likely be 240gr TCs.
I'll probably try 200s at some point, some truncated cones did fine from dad's XD, but my experience with factory ammo has been the M&P won't eat everything, I suspect chances of success are better with the shorter 180s.
I did run 200gr blues for a short time. They fed fine but they dropped quick at longer distances.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.