Project Appleseed | Carolina Shooters Club

Project Appleseed

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by baddarryl, Nov 30, 2017.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Registered Member

Hi all. I am involved with Project Appleseed. We have nationwide events and monthly events in both Charlotte and Ramseur, N.C. We are trying to get off the ground in SENC on a more regular basis as well. We had an event in Wilmington just 3 weeks ago. We are an all volunteer organization and would love to see you there! From our Website:

"Project Appleseed™ isn’t a gun club or a militia, nor is it a historical society. Instead, we are a non-partisan group of men and women (known as the Revolutionary War Veterans Association) who are committed to upholding the values and principles of America’s founding fathers. We use rifle marksmanship instruction as a gateway to help bring our nation’s history to life and to show that many of the values that our forefathers relied on to win our independence are still very much in demand today.

Through clinics and events, we teach rifle marksmanship and early American heritage to introduce individuals of all skill levels to the knowledge that was so crucial to the success of our nation’s founders. Aside from the fun and camaraderie of these events, the designed takeaway is a renewed sense of civic responsibility that each attendee can then implement in his or her own community. If we can reconnect enough people with the selfless civic virtue of our forefathers, we as a nation will all be better off.

Our goal is to create a nation of Riflemen. We’d love for you to join us."

https://appleseedinfo.org/

2. gaberelli

gaberelli Registered Member

I attended an Appleseed in Wisconsin when I lived up there. I didn’t know what to expect going into it. I’ve been shooting since I was little but never REALLY learned to shoot. There were guys there with amped up target rifles and 12 year olds with pump Remington’s. Everyone was at the same level though and all improved over the weekend. For me, it sparked an interest in marksmanship that I will carry with me the rest of my life and pass on to my kids. Hopefully I’ll attend an Appleseed with each of them someday.

Maybe I need to go again in the meantime...

Keep up the good work and glad .22 LR is prevalent again. For now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimP42 likes this.
  3. baddarryl

baddarryl Registered Member

The same was true for me. I had never taken a shot more than a 100 deer shot until I did Appleseed KD. Opened up a whole new world to me. I have shot since I was little, but was never taught the right way even though Grandpa was a pretty good shot. Most people that attend are moved by the stories of the Revolution that are no longer taught in schools. Novices to Expert Rifleman seem to benefit from Appleseed. If nothing else it is fun to shoot with a bunch of like minded people!

JimP42 likes this.
  4. JimP42

JimP42 Bitter Clinger Club Subscribed

Great training, great people, great history lessons.
    If you haven't been to one, you have to try it. You won't regret it.