Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any experience with these? Department issues 5.11's but the price on the Propper pants run around 10 bucks cheaper and I'd like to get a few extra pairs. I've worn Propper in BDU's back in my Army days (was a redleg 13S Field Artillery Surveryor, loved that job!) and had pretty good wear with them. Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Check out LApolicegear.com they have their own branded pant that I like a lot. Wear great and a good price. Sorry have no experience with Proppers
I prefer 5.11 taclite pants, but the LA Police Gear brand is made from ripstop, wears great and an inexpensive alternative to the 5.11.

I still wear the 5.11 mon thru fri

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have no issues with the 5.11 pants. They have performed perfectly, just came across these and the price looked good.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
My Dept. is now issuing them on our Uniform order sheet. I have a couple of pairs and so far they've held up pretty well. One of my Squadmates got two pairs in a couple of weeks ago and they were messed up. So I'm thinking that their quality control isn't the greatest.

Long story short, I like mine. I've had them about 6mos, and they've seemd to hold up well.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I prefer 5.11 taclite pants, but the LA Police Gear brand is made from ripstop, wears great and an inexpensive alternative to the 5.11.

I still wear the 5.11 mon thru fri
Me too. Tac Lites rock. I get flack for being a wannabe every time I mention that I wear 511s on a forum but I don't care. They just don't wrinkle, they have a place to clip my work badge, a place for my extra mag, and I can keep my wallet and phone and even my Kindle in the cargo pockets and have easy access to all of those items in the car without doing acrobatics when the phone rings or paying at the drive-through. One of the best life organizational products I've ever used.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Check out LApolicegear.com they have their own branded pant that I like a lot. Wear great and a good price. Sorry have no experience with Proppers
Care to elaborate on the LAPG branded pants? I was about to post a thread asking about them. They seem like a great deal, currently at $18! How is the fit? Any negatives about them? Are they easy to move in? Are the pockets decent?

·
Premium Member
6,839 Posts
i have several pairs of both 511 and la police gear . yjr only complaint i have is a new pair of the LAP pants i ripped the crotch out of em during Aesir trainings carbine class. no trouble at all for the 511's

if you watch for the closeouts you can get some great deals i have never paid full price . i even bought some brown 511's for $9.99 a pr.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
My experience with the LA Police gear brand is that the waist runs small....I wear a 38 waist and needed a 40 in their brand to fit appropriately.

I have found that the 5.11 sizes run spot on.

I have tried Vertx but the ones I have had the faded quickly and became worn quicker than I thought they should. However, they have that diamond crotch which gives you lots of extra room...

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
We've been wearing the propers at work for over a year now and I prefer them to the 511's. They don't seem to bunch up in the crotch as much when you sit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.