Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and started gathering the parts for my .300 Blackout build. I already have a lower and a BCG/CH as well as an optic and BUIS, so I just need the basic upper. Taking advantage of PSA's sales, I ordered a blem stripped upper for $49.99 and an upper build kit for $24.99, total delivered will be $81.98. Brownells also came through with some good discounts and I ordered a carbine length gas tube, $12.10, a low profile .750 gas block, $25.00, a YHM smooth forearm top rail, rifle 12" rail, $119.99, and a Wilson Combat 16" stainless steel .300 Blackout Barrel with 1:8 twist, $225. Total shipped = $357.83 after 10% discount. Grand total so far = $439.81 with the only thing left to get being a comp. I am thinking either the PWS FSC30, a Troy Medieval, or a Battlecomp. Pics and reviews to follow.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just placed the order this evening, so I do not have it in hand as yet. I believe that the 15/16" end cap will fit it though. I will let you know for sure when I get it in hand.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Just placed the order this evening, so I do not have it in hand as yet. I believe that the 15/16" end cap will fit it though. I will let you know for sure when I get it in hand.
Ah...I need something that a 1.375" suppressor will fit into with a bit of play.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
I would stick with a basic A2 or a DSA Trident as the 300blk doesn't really need a comp.

YHM handguards are pigs weight wise, however they do have the inner diameter to mount a 1.375" can underneath.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Snal, I can tell you for sure that your Octane (or Trident for that matter) will fit into a Troy Alpha rail. It's an extremely close fit though. The knurls on the end cap of the Octane will rub the inside of the rail as you thread it onto the barrel, but just barely............

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
No centerfire suppressor is gonna slide under an alpha rail...rimfire (1") do fine though....but 1.375+ is too close and you'll have heat issues.

I'm running a Rainier evolution rail and I think it'd fit 1.375" good....but my 5.56 can is 1.5"....so I think Imma sell and toss on a seekins rail

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to hijack the fitment thread :), but got the Shipped Confirmation email from Brownells this morning at 0913. That order was placed last night at 1710. The PSA order, placed at 1754 on 21 Nov is showing a status of "Processing".

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received the Brownells order today. Everything is looking good with one exception, the rail is not quite what I was expecting. I will be sending the YHM rail back and have already ordered the Samson Evolution 12.37" rail at $41 more, but I think I will be happier with it. PSA order is still showing as "Processing", glad that was a heckuva deal and I am in no rush.

·
Banned
8,282 Posts
the samson is nice...i actually have the rainier version right now, but it's just a 9" rail on my 10.5" barrel...so I'm gonna sell it and go with a Seekins 12" rail
If you like the Samson Rainier rail, why not just go with the 12" version of it? I'm assuming you want to run your suppressor under it; the Samson/Rainier rail has a 1.56" I.D. The Seekins SAR has an I.D. of 1.5" so I figure you want the BAR; the I.D. is 1.8". That's a fat tube!

Samson 12.37! To the OP: You'll enjoy the Samson. It comes with all the tools needed to install (no specialty, brand specific things required) which is an allen key. Just clip the two bushings around your barrel nut and slide the rail over them. Unless you bought the quad rail, get the rail/QD sections in place before tightening down on the rail or you'll have difficulty installing them once the rail is snug.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
i want a larger tube like the BAR...my suppressor is 1.5" OD....and will be carrying quite a bit of heat...Not sure it'd be very fun to have it THAT close to the barrel.. also..the rail mounts would drop that 1.56 down to where they'd be riding on the suppressor..so that'd not work anyways.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have it in hand...or know what the inside diameter is?
Snal, My apologies as I meant to get the info to you sooner. I measured the ID on the YHM and it is 1.818 per my Dillon dial calipers. I have already sent it back because, as Wahoo stated, it is indeed a pig. I am now waiting on a Samson Evolution.

Got the ship notice/info from UPS yesterday, should get my stripped upper and parts kit today.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the Evolution rail yesterday, now I am waiting on an FSC30 from PWS. Pics and review to follow hopefully before the new year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.