Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Firearms, bow, crossbow
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion what's the most comfortable inside the waist band concealed carry holster, I have a few cheap ones and don't seem to be working well.

·
Registered
LTT Elite 92, Wilson EDC X9, P365xl, DDM4V7P, Beretta 1301 Comp
12 Posts
I’m 6’5 3 bills. Things I have learned over the years and holsters I have wasted money on yikes. Get a good belt. I run a Kore Essentials a good belt is worth every dime. Pictured is the set up I started running like 8 years ago with a Colt Defender now I run either a P365xl or a Wilson out of. It’s a galco king tuck and a galco horizontal mag carrier. With the cant adjusted right there’s little to no printing at 2:30-3 o’clock and it’s comfy even in the summer. The mag carrier with my side meat is perfect.

Now I say this and I hate to do it but I have a Alien Gear for my p30 cause I carry it rarely it stays in my back pack 99% of the time and it’s absolutely amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
6’3” 290-300…I really like the double ply Klik belts (Mens Belts| Ladies Belts |COBRA® Belts |Tactical Belts |Custom Belts) for carry gun and my “Batman belt” as friends and family joke. I have found they get uncomfortable over long periods (4-6 hours) of sitting. Otherwise they are awesome. as others have said the belt is HUGE.

I really liked the Crossbreed style IWB hybrid holster (Concealed Carry Holsters | CrossBreed Holsters. Tried Alien but they just seemed bulkier. Once broken in the Crossbreed is FANTASTIC for IWB. Don’t carry much that way anymore though. Usually covered OWB or pocket carry LCP or P365.

all the best with your search!

ETA crossbreed link and no, I’m not affiliated with any of these folks. Just spent too much money on the search. Jolting to help others not do that…LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Probably more trial and error than you would have thought. I just got my permit a week ago and I am just starting to look at holsters. I am 5'10" and 290. So, the fat roll you mentioned above is a concern for me as well.

We shall see...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Out of the several folks that's commented on this post, no one has yet to repeat the same holster. I guess I need to study on it more.
Sticky and Remora are both good products. Also, I have had good luck with Alien holsters as well. Holsters can be like shoes, they usually have to be tried on and may fit each individual differently. A good, purpose made belt makes a big difference no matter what holster you use. My favorite belt is a Kevlar reinforced, double leather belt from Comp-tac.

·
Registered
Firearms, bow, crossbow
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Probably more trial and error than you would have thought. I just got my permit a week ago and I am just starting to look at holsters. I am 5'10" and 290. So, the fat roll you mentioned above is a concern for me as well.

We shall see...
For me it's when I'm sitting down or driving that's problematic, walking or standing up it's not too bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been using a Stealth Gear ventcore IWB mini holster for summer carrying a hellcat the last two years and its been great. I wear it in the 3:30 position just behind the hip. It is so comfortable that I typically forget that I'm wearing it. The only downside is that I think the optic lens gets dirtier with oil and dust faster in this holster and it might be from the ventcore backing. They are running a 30% discount right now with SUN22 coupon code too.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good holsters aren't cheap and vice-versa. You've probably discovered that. I finally settled on a Versa Carry Lock Leather iwb. The clip is strong (sometimes too strong) and the leather is comfortable. I carry a Springfield XDs @ 6 o'clock all day with no problem. Tucks inside my spine when I sit and doesn't print much when I stand, just a small bulge.

·
Registered
106 Posts
MD Vickery...I LOVE Lock Leather's OWB holsters. Carry those holsters often unless I believe there is a need to carry hardware with attached torch. I love the feel of the leather and combining that with the "locking" aspect of the kydex is fantastic. lockExcellent choice! Haven't tried their IWB, but may look into it now. I prefer a 3-4 o'clock carry though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m 6’3”. Finding an IWB holster has been a struggle. I recommend a kydex holster with a claw or wing attachment. This will pull the grip in to help conceal. As far as holsters that have worked for me are the Harry’s holsters singleton. It has a small footprint and rounded edges. If you have a light I’ve found the Phlster floodlight is comfortable as well. Both of these carry my Glock 19.

Appendix is a no go for me. I carry 3-5 o’clock. Also I like the Kore essentials belt. You can make 1/4” adjustments to fine tune throughout the day. Lastly I prefer my shorts and pants to have an elastic style waistband. This has helped make things more comfortable for me as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts