Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my silencer today at the Greensboro gunshow, and i am wondering if/how i would go about getting a burst kit for my glock or a full auto kit for my glock.

Questions:

Am i able to file any paperwork in order to obtain a 3 round burst or Full auto Kit?

If it can do the forms, must a gunsmith install the parts?

any help would be great. if you can send a like to documentation that would be awesome also.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Can't be done legally. For a non-licensed individual (meaning non class III manufacturer) to possess a registered machine gun it has to have been manufactured and registered before 1986. By putting a burst kit into a Glock you are manufacturing a machine gun that you cannot legally possess and register.

Look up 1986 Firearm Owner Protection Act and the Tiahrt Amendment for more info........

I've heard it said that there may be a transferrable Glock G18 or two on the registry, but don't know if that's true or not. If there are any it's only a very few and I'd imagine they are quite spendy.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
Can't be done legally. For a non-licensed individual (meaning non class III manufacturer) to possess a registered machine gun it has to have been manufactured and registered before 1986. By putting a burst kit into a Glock you are manufacturing a machine gun that you cannot legally possess and register.

Look up 1986 Firearm Owner Protection Act and the Tiahrt Amendment for more info........

I've heard it said that there may be a transferrable Glock G18 or two on the registry, but don't know if that's true or not. If there are any it's only a very few and I'd imagine they are quite spendy.
What he said.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Not to mention that Full auto in a pistol isn't terribly practical when it comes to actually hitting a target. It's a compact, hard to control bullet hose.........

·
Registered
414 Posts
Legal requirements for f/a G-lock:

Class2 manufacture license & CLEO Law Enforcement Letter Head demo request or extremely rare Military Letter Head for demo request from Base Commander

Class3 dealer license & CLEO Law Enforcement Letter Head demo request or extremely rare Military Letter Head for demo request from Base Commander.

I do know of one incidence were an Class2 manufacture sold a dealer sample to a Class3 dealer using the same demo Letter Head, but that dealer had to contact the original CLEO and ask he/she would be interested in another demo session.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
You could just spend some time working on your trigger finger. Mine works at around 730 rpm

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
True story. I've seen it live on several occasions. When the RO's always stop by to ensure you aren't shooting full-auto, you know you are quick on the trigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.