Carolina Shooters Forum banner

Quick Seat Cover for pets

550 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sharps4050 
#1 ·
My new truck has camo water proof seat covers. But, they are rather a pain to remove, clean and reinstall, especially with the dogs tracking hair, mud and pine cone snacks (Ruger loves his pine cone chewies) in and out daily.

A quick stop at Harbor Freight yielded a $10 furniture blanket (i'll have to get more!) and a grommet kit. A few measurements and 4 grommets later I had a quick in and out blanket for the dogs that covers all of the seat and the floor.

Even though the blankets are listed not for machine wash, I voided any warranty by washing and drying in the home machines anyway. The blanket survived just fine.
Looks good, dogs are comfortable and 95% of the dirt comes out in a flash by sliding out the headrests and folding the blanket.

Automotive tire Wood Window Wall Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Car Car seat cover

See less See more
#3 ·
The furniture blankets kinda fell apart in the wash about the third go! I found another cheep camo blanket and did the same. Its holding up well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.