Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am sitting in afghanstan right now thinking of what I am going to do when I get home.

I want to build me a 1911 racegun. Something in 38 super. Just something to have. Doesnt have to be the best. Want to know whats a good frame to start with. By good I mean good for the price.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Well sti or infinity are your most common starting point
You can get a sti trubor from brazo custom gun works at about 2600
Or Dawson's precision but that's a mass produced open gun
If you have say brazo build you one of their guns it'll be about 6 months till you get it
Same with any other builder your going to wait but it's worth the wait to have a gun that works 100%

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
I would try the WTB's first, there are a bunch of race guns sitting around that can be bought for a whole lot less that what you will spend to build one and in some cases have a better pistol.

·
My Mom says I'm cool.
4,332 Posts
you might want to rethink the caliber. I could be wrong on this but I don't think a 9mm will be accepted into major power factor anymore (no matter how much power you get out of it). Maybe look into a .40. ammo would definately be cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.