Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a very nice Izhevsk M44 Mosin Nagant Carbine dated 1945 with single tab folding bayonet. All numbered parts match. The barrel and action metal is in excellent condition with smooth, deep, dark bluing and crisp markings. Stock is in good condition with a few handling/storage marks and flaking varnish, as it typical of arsenal refurbed Mosins. Bolt cycles smooth. Some evidence of past surface rust in a few areas on barrel bands, lug nut, forward of mag well. See pictures for more detail.

The bore is very bright with strong rifling, a nice crown and is not counterbored. Smooth, solid action, and one of the smoothest Russian Mosin triggers I have come across.

Very clean. Little/no wear. I have not fired it, but assume someone must have since it was refurbed, although I can find no evidence of it (no bluing wear, no powder residue, etc.)
Comes with cleaning rod.

*Note the prior owner installed a rubber buttstock pad. This makes the hard kicking little M44 much more pleasant to shoot and give an extra inch and a half length of pull. It is attached with the 2 original screws and can easily be removed. If the buyer prefers a steel buttplate I can take off the rubber one and put on a steel one.

I sold two M44s for $350 each recently. This one is just as nice for the parts that matter, but is discounted to reflect the evidence of prior surface rust in a few areas.
$289 cash

Not interested in trades or low-ball offers.
Prefer face to face sale on the West side of Burlington, NC, but willing to ship to your FFL or C&R at your expense.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.